Why become a member? ×

Ok, WHICH rackcase is suitable for an LM11

smurfitt

[quote name='smurfitt' post='771141' date='Mar 11 2010, 01:09 AM']I get replies that are totally irrelevant, are nothing short of sarcastic and question/criticise my reasons for wanting a rack case and you tell me I'm being rude?
As a newbie, I rely on those who have expertise on equipment and then can make an informed choice. If people can't provide the information I'm asking for, why respond to my post? It's a bit unfair on me to be given to misguidance or receive comments about what I choose to have in my set up.[/quote]

Do Behave.

Also learn to Google.

[quote name='Dubs' post='770472' date='Mar 10 2010, 02:51 PM']None... isn't the whole point of having a small Class D amp is that it's small, light and easy to carry around in a tiny gig bag? Why would you rack it?[/quote][quote name='51m0n' post='770480' date='Mar 10 2010, 02:57 PM']To protect it, put it in a box with other useful gear (tuner, comp etc).
The real point to me is they are very lightweight.[/quote]
Yup, this is precisely why my Shuttle head is rackmounted. Permanently connected to the wireless, mains distribution, etc. And the advantage is that the whole rack is now only marginally heavier than the empty case was! :)

Now... would everyone like to chill out a bit please? :-)

[quote name='Rich' post='771506' date='Mar 11 2010, 12:40 PM']Yup, this is precisely why my Shuttle head is rackmounted. Permanently connected to the wireless, mains distribution, etc. And the advantage is that the whole rack is now only marginally heavier than the empty case was! :)

Now... would everyone like to chill out a bit please? :-)[/quote]

Heaviest thing in my rack by far is the Focusrite comp, weighs more than all the rest put together I think :rolleyes:

[quote name='51m0n' post='771291' date='Mar 11 2010, 09:45 AM']With that attitude you can expect to get no help from anyone on this site son. Can it, be pleasant or go and play with the traffic.

I wasted MY time double checking the info on the Markbass website which details the depths of all their heads for you to answer your question. Something you could, and certainly should have bothered to do.

I gave you a definitive answer to your original question, had you listened before snapping up the SKB case you would have known that a Gator shallow rack case WILL work, but instead you reply like this.

You're a newbie, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, this once, be rude to me again and I'll certainly never bother to help you again, and you can continue to waste your money as a result of not bothering to do the simple investigation into the facts that you should have done BEFORE you spent a single bean.[/quote]
In response to all your posts: You did not back up my decision to 'rack' my amp; you suggested I stick it in a flightcase with leads etc, which is not the same as racking it. I have not purchased anything yet to have 'wasted' any money so get your facts right. If you read my post accurately you will see that I did investigate the dimensions of the LM11 but as another BC member told me the SKB would not be suitable due to the minimal difference in depth I decided a post might provide further info. I am not 'stupid or lazy'; more like thorough in my research.
I am not your son nor male. Unlike you I have not been abusive; it shows poor self control and lack of intelligence. My replies have been factual and straight to the point but maybe you are not familiar with assertive women.
You do not have to bother with me again; I sure won't lose any sleep over that as you are i-n-s-i-g-n--f-i-c-a-n-t in my life.
Have a nice day day.
:)

[quote name='smurfitt' post='771606' date='Mar 11 2010, 01:59 PM']Unlike you I have not been abusive; it shows poor self control and lack of intelligence.[/quote]

Ahem....

[quote name='smurfitt' post='770591' date='Mar 10 2010, 04:27 PM']Did you do Maths at school?[/quote]

[quote name='smurfitt' post='770607' date='Mar 10 2010, 04:38 PM']Ah, I know....isn't it something along the lines of the name of a person who hurls pancakes in the air?
Work that out for yourselves.[/quote]

[quote name='smurfitt' post='771606' date='Mar 11 2010, 01:59 PM']In response to all your posts: You did not back up my decision to 'rack' my amp; you suggested I stick it in a flightcase with leads etc, which is not the same as racking it.[/quote]

No I didnt, at all times during this topic I have referred to rack cases. It may come as a shock to you to learn that you can connect more than one item of equiptment together in a rack case and put the lids on for transporting and ease of setup. This is commonly called racking gear. It is not necessary to have flightcase to do this.

[quote name='smurfitt' post='771606' date='Mar 11 2010, 01:59 PM']I have not purchased anything yet to have 'wasted' any money so get your facts right. If you read my post accurately you will see that I did investigate the dimensions of the LM11 but as another BC member told me the SKB would not be suitable due to the minimal difference in depth I decided a post might provide further info. I am not 'stupid or lazy'; more like thorough in my research.[/quote]

Your question should have read "I'm interested in an SKB shallow rack case, but since it is less than half an inch shorter than an LMII could anyone other than the person selling the case, who has already advised against it, recommend another alternative, please?"

Had you done so I would have only mentioned the Gator case. Which I can hand on heart guarantee will work for you.

In your highly in depth investigations did you happen to take into account the tiny width of an LMII compared to a standard 19" rack unit? It is only 10.87 in. / 27.6 cm wide, leaving approximately 4.5 inches on either side of the back of the unit to the inner edges of the rack case. Did you mention this to the owner of the SKB case at all? After all they may not be fully aware of the diminutive dimensions of the LMII.

[quote name='smurfitt' post='771606' date='Mar 11 2010, 01:59 PM']I am not your son nor male.[/quote]

Certainly you aren't, he is on this forum too, and has impeccable manners. So a very different human being from youself then.

[quote name='smurfitt' post='771606' date='Mar 11 2010, 01:59 PM']Unlike you I have not been abusive; it shows poor self control and lack of intelligence.[/quote]

Oh, really, please explain this:-

[quote name='smurfitt' post='770591' date='Mar 10 2010, 04:27 PM']That's because the Gator is 47.5cm depth, which is more than the depth of your amp by 17.3cm !
The difference between my amp head depth and that of a SKB is less than half an inch (or 1.3cm)!
[b]Did you do Maths at school?[/b][/quote]

That would have been your first response to me trying to clear this up with some actual data from the manufacturers for you. Who is showing poor self control and a lack of intelligence there then?

Not only myself, but several other people on this topic have commented on your attitude. You [b]are[/b] rude.

Examples:-
[quote name='chris_b' post='770671' date='Mar 10 2010, 05:36 PM']Please don't ask questions if you're going to be rude to those who try to help![/quote]

[quote name='ThomBassmonkey' post='771295' date='Mar 11 2010, 09:49 AM']It never ceases to amaze me that people ask for advice on forums then they're so rude to people that try to help.

People are trying to tell you that a shallow rack case IS ok and they're also trying to find out your circumstances so they can try and help you as much as possible.

And in response to asking GAK for help regarding rack cases, just a warning. I did that and now I'm stuck carting around a full size 4u rack case for my head because they fobbed me off with that instead of a shallow one. If I'd put less faith in them, maybe I'd have a suitable one that isn't a HUGE waste of space and too big to fit in any of the usual sized gaps between gear in a van.[/quote]

[quote name='smurfitt' post='770591' date='Mar 10 2010, 04:27 PM']My replies have been factual and straight to the point but maybe you are not familiar with assertive women.[/quote]
As above, your replies have been rude. They have also been fairly garbled with innaccurate punctuation and innaccurate information, which doesn't help your cause. I am familiar with assertive women, thank you, I am also familiar with rude, ungrateful people too, of which you are one.

[quote name='smurfitt' post='770591' date='Mar 10 2010, 04:27 PM']You do not have to bother with me again; I sure won't lose any sleep over that as you are i-n-s-i-g-n--f-i-c-a-n-t in my life.
Have a nice day day.
:)[/quote]

Excellent, I am so glad you feel I am insignificant in your life, this is mutual I can assure you, I hate bad manners however. I hope you are treated by others as you would treat them.

Once again a final piece of advice, if you want to get help on a forum, play nice!

Edited by 51m0n

Maths comment was sarcasm in response to insinuating I couldn't work out dimensions.
Pancake thrower was not a personal sleight nor aimed at anyone in particular.
I happen to have a career in the field of law so am quite knowledgeable about what is/is not abusive, slander and defamation of character.
Josh....does 5im0n really need you to act as his defence counsellor him or is it a case of us boys stick together?
I won't tar you all with the same brush as I know there are some mature members on this site who are very welcoming and helpful to newbies and understand the frustrations of trying to get sensible replies.

Edited by smurfitt

[quote name='smurfitt' post='771645' date='Mar 11 2010, 02:34 PM']Maths comment was sarcasm in response to insinuating I couldn't work out dimensions.
I happen to have a career in the field of law so am quite knowledgeable about what is/is not abusive, slander and defamation of character.
Josh....does 5im0n really need you to act as his defence counsellor him or is it a case of us boys stick together?
I won't tar you all with the same brush as I know there are some mature members on this site who are very welcoming and helpful to newbies and understand the frustrations of trying to get sensible replies.[/quote]

Hah! Since when did this become about you being female?

You know what, I'm gonna leave this- I think 5im0n can quite easily show you where you're going wrong by himself, sorry for butting in on this [i]public forum[/i]. I didn't realise it was a private conversation?!

Edited by josh3184

Quote 5im0n:
[i]In your highly in depth investigations did you happen to take into account the tiny width of an LMII compared to a standard 19" rack unit? It is only 10.87 in. / 27.6 cm wide, leaving approximately 4.5 inches on either side of the back of the unit to the inner edges of the rack case.[/i]

Er yes I know it needs rack ears.

Re: my punctuation: yet another personal sleight and totally off topic again. As I said relevant info is all I wanted not your opinion.

[quote name='smurfitt' post='771645' date='Mar 11 2010, 02:34 PM']Maths comment was sarcasm in response to insinuating I couldn't work out dimensions.
I won't tar you all with the same brush as I know there are some mature members on this site who are very welcoming and helpful to newbies and understand the frustrations of trying to get sensible replies.[/quote]

Your further stated dimensions were innaccurate however.

You were rude, in general then not in particular, oh well that makes it fine.

Other people may chip in as and when they want to try to point out that a person is right or wrong, that is the nature of the internet. I need no one to back me up, you have damned yourself with your own posts to date.

My responses on the other hand have been absolutely accurate.

I happen to have a career in engineering, so when it comes to data and dimensions I am extremely precise. I have over 20 years experience in bass guitar, 20+ years experience in pro audio (live and in the studio) and am a self confessed gear geek.

You stick to what you are good at (arguing for money) and I'll keep dishing out the facts.

My thats a high old horse you are trying to throw yourself off...

Edited by 51m0n

[quote name='smurfitt' post='771656' date='Mar 11 2010, 02:40 PM']Quote 5im0n:
[i]In your highly in depth investigations did you happen to take into account the tiny width of an LMII compared to a standard 19" rack unit? It is only 10.87 in. / 27.6 cm wide, leaving approximately 4.5 inches on either side of the back of the unit to the inner edges of the rack case.[/i]

Er yes I know it needs rack ears.

Re: my punctuation: yet another personal sleight and totally off topic again. As I said relevant info is all I wanted not your opinion.[/quote]

The need for rack ears is not what I was getting at. The point is that according to you the owner of the SKB case stated that the back of the LMII would be close to the catches of the back of the case. Those catches are on the left and right edges of the case. Due to the width of the case versus the width of the amp they would be over 4 inches away!

So it is very very unlikely that the rack would actually cause you an issue.

Did you understand that or would you like me to do a diagram? (seriously)

RE: Punctuation, this is a written word medium, as such if you wish to be understood it is best practice on this forum to use well punctuated, well spelled and grammatically correct posts. This is not a personal sleight, it is a fact understood by all the non-newbies on here. Please play along.

Edited by 51m0n

I don't think being new is really anything to do with it - lots of new posters manage to ask for advice without their threads decending into slanging matches. I think that is a reflection on the way in which you responded to the very much run of the mill interjections you recieved in your thread, smurfitt.

[quote name='smurfitt' post='771606' date='Mar 11 2010, 02:59 PM']Unlike you I have not been abusive; it shows poor self control and lack of intelligence.

[b]You do not have to bother with me again; I sure won't lose any sleep over that as you are i-n-s-i-g-n--f-i-c-a-n-t in my life.[/b][/quote]

Hello pot? This is kettle, you're black

[quote name='51m0n' post='771662' date='Mar 11 2010, 02:45 PM']The need for rack ears is not what I was getting at. The point is that according to you the owner of the SKB case stated that the back of the LMII would be close to the catches of the back of the case. Those catches are on the left and right edges of the case. Due to the width of the case versus the width of the amp they would be over 4 inches away!

So it is very very unlikely that the rack would actually cause you an issue.

Did you understand that or would you like me to do a diagram? (seriously)

RE: Punctuation, this is a written word medium, as such if you wish to be understood it is best practice on this forum to use well puctuated, well spelled and grammatically correct posts. This is not a personal sleight, it is a fact understood by all the non-newbies on here. Please play along.[/quote]

Dude, I am so glad you edited that due to the bad spelling :)

AM1, is that you...?!?!

[quote name='Raggy' post='771683' date='Mar 11 2010, 03:02 PM']Dude, I am so glad you edited that due to the bad spelling :)[/quote]

I can spell fine, I just have typing dyslexia!

:rolleyes:

[quote name='Dubs' post='771684' date='Mar 11 2010, 03:03 PM']AM1, is that you...?!?![/quote]

Nah, I get on fine with AM1, and she plays far rougher too!

[quote name='51m0n' post='771694' date='Mar 11 2010, 03:06 PM']All quiet on the Western Front, I'll be expecting a dawn attck from the East then, som kind of pincer movement perhaps???

:) :rolleyes: :ph34r: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

Watch your flanks :lol:

5im0n....Please correct my punctuation if it makes you feel better. Perhaps you could become my personal tutor seeing as you haven't got anything better to do with you time than to be on here telling me your life story and how I should listen to the God of gear.
As for it being a slanging match....I'm a pretty tough nut to crack and can hold my own; I don't need back up from others.
I thank those who have given me precise and relevant information in helping me making a choice on bass gear and am now off to play my LM11 through my Schroeder BMF1212.
Maybe I'll come back later for some more of your wonderful rhetoric 5im0n....it's so much fun having you as a playmate.....Mwah