Why become a member? ×

Best place to buy Musicman Stingray 2EQ?

Linus27

Anyone know where the cheapest place is to buy a 2EQ Musicman Stingray? My usual store, Andertons has them at stupid prices at around £1500. GAK seems to be the cheapest so far at £1199.

Anyone know anywhere else that might have them cheaper?

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='769614' date='Mar 9 2010, 07:41 PM']:rolleyes:

LOL[/quote]

HEHE a PM explaing all will be on its way to you but if you are looking for a mint condition 3EQ Stingray in natural then I know one coming up for sale :)

[quote name='Linus27' post='769624' date='Mar 9 2010, 07:47 PM']HEHE a PM explaing all will be on its way to you but if you are looking for a mint condition 3EQ Stingray in natural then I know one coming up for sale :rolleyes:[/quote]

Stop it :) . I would love your Ray but now isnt the right time.

Cant wait for the PM.

Edited by dave_bass5

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='769635' date='Mar 9 2010, 08:01 PM']Stop it :) . I would love your Ray but now isnt the right time.

Cant wait for the PM.[/quote]

HEHEHEHE with reference to whats in the PM, my birthdays not till June :rolleyes::)

[quote name='Linus27' post='769640' date='Mar 9 2010, 08:05 PM']HEHEHEHE with reference to whats in the PM, my birthdays not till June :):)[/quote]

June is when im of to Turkey with the family, and that s where all my money will have to go. Stupid holiday.
Only got 7 gigs between now and the holiday (most in May) so going to be skint for a few months.

I have had offers for my DD but its too early to make a decision.

Hey, its also my birthday in june (7th). what day is yours?

[quote name='Linus27' post='769599' date='Mar 9 2010, 07:28 PM']Anyone know where the cheapest place is to buy a 2EQ Musicman Stingray? My usual store, Andertons has them at stupid prices at around £1500. GAK seems to be the cheapest so far at £1199.

Anyone know anywhere else that might have them cheaper?[/quote]

How much!!!!!

I'd happily sell someone my 30th Anni Ray for that.......don't think it'll happen somehow.

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='769676' date='Mar 9 2010, 08:27 PM']June is when im of to Turkey with the family, and that s where all my money will have to go. Stupid holiday.
Only got 7 gigs between now and the holiday (most in May) so going to be skint for a few months.

I have had offers for my DD but its too early to make a decision.

Hey, its also my birthday in june (7th). what day is yours?[/quote]

Mine is June 9th and my sister is June 6th :)

[quote name='Linus27' post='769599' date='Mar 9 2010, 07:28 PM']Anyone know where the cheapest place is to buy a 2EQ Musicman Stingray? My usual store, Andertons has them at stupid prices at around £1500. GAK seems to be the cheapest so far at £1199.

Anyone know anywhere else that might have them cheaper?[/quote]

There's one on ebay at the moment - red / maple neck /2 eq with hard case.
Brand new, £1075. Item number 400049483055. (sorry,dont know how to post link!)
Seller is Arcade Music, based in Cannock,West Midlands.
Cheapest I've seen lately.

[quote name='Linus27' post='769624' date='Mar 9 2010, 07:47 PM']HEHE a PM explaing all will be on its way to you but if you are looking for a mint condition 3EQ Stingray in natural then I know one coming up for sale :)[/quote]

Does this mean you won't be selling your '75 Jazz?

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='770210' date='Mar 10 2010, 11:48 AM']Silly question but if i was looking for a 2 band ray are there specific models i could google for or do they do the same ones in 2 and 3 band?
See, silly question.[/quote]

Exactly the same Dave.

[quote name='Linus27' post='770545' date='Mar 10 2010, 03:51 PM']Exactly the same Dave.[/quote]

So you find the model you want and then decide if you want it with 2 or 3 Band?

Cheers.

when's the new toy arriving? You really shouldn't even see it until the 9th June. Tell you wife she can store it at my house lol.

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='770550' date='Mar 10 2010, 03:55 PM']So you find the model you want and then decide if you want it with 2 or 3 Band?

Cheers.

when's the new toy arriving? You really shouldn't even see it until the 9th June. Tell you wife she can store it at my house lol.[/quote]

Yes, that is it exactly, 2EQ and 3EQ is pretty much same. What you really want though is a 3EQ in natural :)

Toy might be here tomorrow :rolleyes: I am half tempted to keep it locked away until my birthday but then thats 3 months away which will be a killer.

[quote name='Linus27' post='770565' date='Mar 10 2010, 04:00 PM']Toy might be here tomorrow :) I am half tempted to keep it locked away until my birthday[/quote]

Now we all know thats not going to happen ;-)

If i had the money i would certainly consider your SR4......but i dont lol.