Why become a member? ×

1979 Fender Jazz Bass. No Modifications

BossHog

For Sale,

My Fender 1979 Jazz in great condition, straight neck no pulling in of the headstock. Body and neck aged beautifully, massive tone..nails all of the 70's ash maple sounds perfectly. Comes with the original pickup and bridge covers, also has the Fender tags including the inspection stamps..serial numbers on this correspond to the headstock and number on the underside of the scratchplate. Also included is the original case. A great sounding bass. £1400.00

[attachment=44021:005.JPG]
[attachment=44022:006.JPG]
[attachment=44023:019.JPG]
[attachment=44024:020.JPG]
[attachment=44025:022.JPG]
[attachment=44026:023.JPG]
[attachment=44027:031.JPG]
[attachment=44028:025.JPG]

Edited by BossHog

[quote name='mrbassman_de' post='763590' date='Mar 4 2010, 06:48 AM']Weight ?[/quote]

The only method available to me to measure the weight is a set of digital bathroom scales, an they read 10 pounds. So sort of medium weight for the era that the bass was manufactured in.... I have certainly played 70's Jazz basses a lot heavier than this. Also much lighter than my Fodera Imperial, Ash, Maple, Olive Wood and I know that basses weight is 10.9 pounds. Neck joint is also good considering you can park a VW Camper Van in some of them........It's a great example of a late 70's bass.

Edited by BossHog

[quote name='Conan' post='763607' date='Mar 4 2010, 07:41 AM']That's a really beautiful bass! Totally out of my price range unless you might want to trade for a Status series 2? Long shot I know... :)[/quote]

Hey, local lad? Thanks for the offer but trying really trying to sell this one....

Haway Mick man...... you can't do this to me !!!!

I had an afternoon at Micks a few weeks ago, let's say we didn't struggle to find a nice bass or five to pick up (Alleva Coppolo and a pucka 66 Jazz) including this baby !! Let's say for me... this one was the pick of the bunch !

I'd have took bought this Bass there and then for £1500 notes (and considered it a bargain) if it had been up for sale Grrrr... I'm spent up now !!!

ATB
Mark

[quote name='The Bass Doc' post='764310' date='Mar 4 2010, 06:59 PM']Could do, not sure about trusting the post though. Perhaps I should state 'collection only' - Newcastle-upon-Tyne area.[/quote]

Hadaway, I cannat. Bein' a soft southern sh*te, an' all.