Why become a member? ×

envolope pedal

exup1000

[quote name='exup1000' post='763405' date='Mar 3 2010, 09:49 PM']i need it for a red hot chilli song sir psycho sexy,[/quote]

If it's just that one song, look at the EHX Bassballs. It's very cheap and will do the job.

If you want something more versatile prepare to delve into the biggest can of worms in bass effects. :)

[quote name='xgsjx' post='764263' date='Mar 4 2010, 06:22 PM']Can you adjust the resonance on the Q tron?[/quote]

Yep, it's the Peak control (or the Q control on some models). It is quite a peaky-sounding filter anyway, you either like that sound or you don't. I think it's a good filter tbh, I only shifted mine because I needed more flexibility.

[quote name='Mog' post='764349' date='Mar 4 2010, 07:28 PM']I may be wrong but I thought the effect he uses on that was a phaser.[/quote]

The story goes that it's a Mu-Tron III with dying batteries.

What about the Ashdown Envelope Filter. I read a review and it's the business, and their best pedal.

[url="http://www.ashdownmusic.com/bass/detail.asp?ID=154"]http://www.ashdownmusic.com/bass/detail.asp?ID=154[/url]

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='764524' date='Mar 4 2010, 09:58 PM']The story goes that it's a Mu-Tron III with dying batteries.[/quote]

i'd head it was an old q-tron with dying batteries - so many urban legends for 1 bass sound!!

either way, def not a phaser :)

[quote name='GazWills' post='764555' date='Mar 4 2010, 10:29 PM']i'd head it was an old q-tron with dying batteries - so many urban legends for 1 bass sound!!

either way, def not a phaser :lol:[/quote]

The big old Q-Tron doesn't take batteries, its 24VDC adaptor only! :)

Mu-Tron III with dying batteries is correct. I have an original Mu-tron III but have never quite managed to get the sound by putting dying batteries in it. I find it much easier to just run a fuzz before hand :rolleyes:

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='765138' date='Mar 5 2010, 02:00 PM']That's one mystery solved then. When was a tab book ever wrong? :)[/quote]

:rolleyes: To be frank Sir, I find your last statement disgusting. All hail the mighty tab book!!! :lol: :lol:

[quote name='Wil' post='765339' date='Mar 5 2010, 04:22 PM']I heard it was a DOD FX25?[/quote]

i think this rumour comes around because flea uses a dod fx25 (not the fx25B though) on some instructional video where he's playing with chad.

and i bought the bass tab for bloodsugarsexmagik when i was learning years ago. it does say phaser for that song. it was clearly written by somebody who knows sod all about effects pedals!!!. a phaser is modulation, and nothing like an envelope filter!!!