Why become a member? ×

Best classic paint jobs on a Jazz bass...?

EBS_freak

[quote name='Shockwave' post='761429' date='Mar 2 2010, 02:04 AM']Antigua, the best Fender colour EVER, regardless of bass!

[/quote]

Rob, that is the single most disgusting thing I've ever seen, therefore I'm assuming you [i]must[/i] have owned one of these at some point? :)

[quote name='Wil' post='763376' date='Mar 3 2010, 09:19 PM']Rob, that is the single most disgusting thing I've ever seen, therefore I'm assuming you [i]must[/i] have owned one of these at some point? :rolleyes:[/quote]
Agreed! :)

Antigua? More like Campbell's Condensed Cream Of Mushroom.

Edited by silddx

So many beautiful jazzes in this thread! :) That Nordstrand Seafoam Green really is stunning, I also have a soft spot for Sonic Blue and Daphne Blue. Either one of those finishes would do it for me, board could be either RW or maple but should preferebly be blocked and bound.

I also do love the look of my current hard-to-photo-correctly -78 Olympic White Jazz:

And these two I still miss for looks, even though they didn't cut it soundwise compared to the -78. The LPB (a colour I personally prefer with dotted board) is a CIJ (2002 if I remember correctly), the natural is a -73 that was stripped in the 70's and since aged to a really nice warm finish.

Edited by BB3000S

Sunburst, fiesta red, aged white

+ tortoise shell pickgard

White pickgards look wrong on a jazz bass IMHO

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='760608' date='Mar 1 2010, 12:09 PM']What's your favourite Jazz bass colour scheme?

I'm a sucker for white jazz basses, white scratchplate, maple neck, white headstock...

....also loved the surf green/maple necked, white scratchplate Nordstrand (Kevin Lindseys I believe) that was for sale on the forum not so long ago.[/quote]

3 tone sunburst, tort plate, rosewood board, dots not blocks, unbound = Perfect

A bit like this:

Which just happens to be my Overwater :)

Funny thing is that the older my Overwater gets the more maroon the dark edge becomes!