Why become a member? ×

Billy Sheehan Bass - Blue

James Crofts

I might be selling my Billy Sheehan Bass. This bass is close to my hart but due to a few reasons i am thinking of selling it.

The bass was played by Billy and signed by him at PMT Northampton 2005.

Me, the bass and billy.

I will add some photos of the bass with close-ups soon.

I am only taking offers at the mo and i am still not sure if i will sell.

All the best

JC

[quote name='James Crofts' post='747322' date='Feb 16 2010, 03:17 PM']I will think of the price i wont - this is a collectors item and i have never played it. I just hangs in my studio.

As i said in my first post i will be adding the pics soon. Just waiting for my camera to charge up.[/quote]

Hi James,

Good luck with this and welcome to the forum - I'm sure I mailed you re this, via eBay, some time back.

I'll post some of mine to whet the appetite!!

In my view I would be hoping for £600 considering the mk1 status.

all the best

andy

Here you all go. I had to talk them on my phone as my camera is playing up will post some better 1s asap

As it was played by billy and signed i was looking for more then £600 not much around £750 to £800.
I know you don't see many that have been played & signed by the man himself.

Regards

JC

well these do seem to be going up in price a lot lately - there was one on ebay recently with a Buy It Now of £900 (which admittedly seems slightly steep!) and theres one of the brand new Mk IIIs on there now for over £1500

very nice, well built basses - there was a post on here elsewhere about all the 'Super Jazzes' cropping up but why no 'Super Precisions' - I would say these fall bang into that category without being simply an upgraded copy - for rock these basses walk all over any P-Bass. If it was going a bit cheaper I might have had a punt myself .. could always do with another one!!

peace

c

[quote name='Rayman' post='747453' date='Feb 16 2010, 05:01 PM']Don't think the signature will add much the value mate, but good luck with it anyway, it's a nice bass.[/quote]

I must agree. Even a signature from Stuart Hamm or Jonas Hellborg wouldn't add that much value IMO! At the end of the day it's your bass and your price, but I think a lot of people will be turned off at just how much extra the signature is adding to the price of the bass. Billy is the man though, awesome player.

[quote name='richardrickenbacker' post='748050' date='Feb 17 2010, 10:26 AM']I knew someone who brought a guitar signed by Noel Gallagher, he has the signature removed and sold it for more money!![/quote]

Well, That goes without saying...

Stu Hamm have signed my Urge II bass, but I didnt pay more for it than I would if he hadn't.

Given the price of the mkIII new - £750 is not a bad price and as c. rightly says these fall into the super-precision category. Better made than any Fender p-bass and far superior tone. For me the only word that would describe these basses is MONSTEROUS!

Hope you get what you are looking for.

all the best

andy

[quote name='andy67' post='748145' date='Feb 17 2010, 10:39 AM']Given the price of the mkIII new - £750 is not a bad price and as c. rightly says these fall into the super-precision category. Better made than any Fender p-bass and far superior tone. For me the only word that would describe these basses is MONSTEROUS!

Hope you get what you are looking for.

all the best

andy[/quote]

Hi Andy

Thanks for you kind comments. It would seem like i have made a few people kick off lol

Thanks again bro

JC

Edited by James Crofts

• 4 weeks later...