Why become a member? ×

Yamaha BB2000 1984

Fliplowe

Hi, looking to sell my 1984 Yamaha bb2000, these things seem to be as rare as hens teeth in the UK, I don't recall ever seeing one on ebay uk.
If your a fan of the Smiths then you'll know that this is what Andy Rourke played on all there studio albums, also Peter Hook played one a lot.
Great sound, clear as a bell & plays great, all maple with walnut skunk stripes running through the body, thru neck, ebony fingerboard.
I've added new Gotoh clover leaf tuners, they look better & the old ones had seen better days, also precision bass volume & tone knobs (still have originals too)
Usual wear & tear for a 23 years old bass, nicks, scratchs etc. There is quite a large chunk out the paint (see pics) on the very bottom of the bass, but for the most part this is not visible due to it's location, adds to the mojo! Everything works as it should, anyway, I'm waffling, (sensible) offers?

Cheers,

Dave.

[attachment=3167:PICT0001.JPG][attachment=3168:PICT0002.JPG][attachment=3169:PICT0004.JPG][attachmen
t=3170:PICT0004g.JPG][attachment=3171:PICT0011.JPG]

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='HarryPotter' post='90162' date='Nov 18 2007, 10:28 AM']Whats the neck like?

It's the kind of bass I want but I struggle with Precision necks (more of a jazzer).

I live in Leek so popping over isn't too much of a problem.

TIA.[/quote]

Hi, thanks for the interest.

The neck I find very comfortable to play, but it's certainly more precision like in width & feel than a jazz.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='KING_string' post='97337' date='Dec 1 2007, 06:28 PM']Just to let you know I have a 1984 BB2000 Fretless bass, if anyone is interested, I may be inclined to sell this one.[/quote]

I might be interested in this - can you PM details?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

[quote name='Fliplowe' post='81424' date='Oct 30 2007, 08:10 PM']Hi, looking to sell my 1984 Yamaha bb2000, these things seem to be as rare as hens teeth in the UK, I don't recall ever seeing one on ebay uk.
If your a fan of the Smiths then you'll know that this is what Andy Rourke played on all there studio albums, also Peter Hook played one a lot.
Great sound, clear as a bell & plays great, all maple with walnut skunk stripes running through the body, thru neck, ebony fingerboard.
I've added new Gotoh clover leaf tuners, they look better & the old ones had seen better days, also precision bass volume & tone knobs (still have originals too)
Usual wear & tear for a 23 years old bass, nicks, scratchs etc. There is quite a large chunk out the paint (see pics) on the very bottom of the bass, but for the most part this is not visible due to it's location, adds to the mojo! Everything works as it should, anyway, I'm waffling, (sensible) offers?

Cheers,

Dave.

[attachment=3167:PICT0001.JPG][attachment=3168:PICT0002.JPG][attachment=3169:PICT0004.JPG][attachmen
t=3170:PICT0004g.JPG][attachment=3171:PICT0011.JPG][/quote]

as everyone else said.......has this gone???