Why become a member? ×

Euphonic Audio CXL112 SOLD++++++++++++++++++

mrbassman

I am selling my Euphonic Audio CXL112 cabinet. It is 8 Ohm 350W with a single 12" speaker and concentric tweeter. It has a variable tweeter control at the back. You probably know all this anyway, but just for those who don't.

I bought this secondhand a while ago and replaced the tweeter as it was missing! It works great - really loud. I am selling it as I have an Aguilar GS112 and want a matching GS112NT, so will swap if anyone has one of those.

It's in great condition - the hard crinkly finish seems fairly bulletproof.

Price? An even better bargain at £225 including postage, or you can collect from Beckenham (SE London), then you can try it as well! Or I will meet halfway within reason.[attachment=41986:ea1.jpg]

Someone queried the replacement of the tweeter, so here is the full explanation:
I bought this 'as is' and gave it the once over when I got it, noticing that the tweeter had been removed completely (it screws into the back of the main speaker). Presumably it had failed at some point. The main speaker was fine, so I bought an Eminence tweeter, as the main speaker was made for EA by Eminence. I wasn't able to get the details of the original tweeter as EA won't divulge that info but I got an 8ohm model to match the main speaker. It seems fine, though I have no benchmark to compare it to an original. As stated I am only getting rid of it to buy an Aguilar to match the one I have.
That's about all the info I have. I think the price reflects the non-originality of the tweeter, although if I hadn't said anything probably no-one would have been any the wiser! I like to be honest though.

Edited by mrbassman

Can anyone comment on how they compare to the 12" Wizzy or M-Line. I have a Wizzy+MLine (2ohm combined) which I like a lot, but am considering moving to a 4 ohm setup instead (for amp reasons).

Peter, have you tried your pair with the RH450? Sound OK?

Edited by BB2000

[quote name='BB2000' post='745899' date='Feb 15 2010, 02:35 PM']Can anyone comment on how they compare to the 12" Wizzy or M-Line. I have a Wizzy+MLine (2ohm combined) which I like a lot, but am considering moving to a 4 ohm setup instead (for amp reasons).

Peter, have you tried your pair with the RH450? Sound OK?[/quote]

I haven't tried a pair but just the one 8 ohm cab (complete with 4ohm driver :) ) sounded good. As the RH will go down to 2.7 ohms anyway I suspect that 2 CXL's at 2 ohms will be fine. My iAmp 800 through one is great, 2 to be tried in anger sometime soon hopefully. The iAmp is supposed to chuck out up to 1000w at 2 ohms I believe.

Would have been interested if I hadn't just picked up a Schroeder Mini 12+ from this forum. Still might be if I suddenly come into a bit of extra cash. What are the dimensions? And does it have the tilt-back stand underneath that I've heard about? Cheers!

[quote name='mrbassman' post='748510' date='Feb 17 2010, 02:43 PM']Hi, it's 43cm wide, 38cm deep and 48cm high, and weighs 18kg. No it doesn't have the stand.
Regards,
Malcolm[/quote]

Aaw. It's only an ickle one! :)