Why become a member? ×

SPANKING BRAND NEW PRECISION

lazzer

Just taken delivery of this brand new Fender USA Precision in 3 t/s with rosewood........
First impressions are thus, super case & a quality look & feel to the instrument. Nice lowish action right out of the box. Am gigging tonight so will give it a workout & report back if anyone's interested? Cheers. Lazz

Looks like the first job's done: strap lock buttons fitted! Good plan.

I've got an 08/09 Precision in exactly that colour scheme (came to me slightly altered with a Badass III and a Jazz pup, and both pups are Nordstrands) and it's a cracking bass. Feels great, and I'm sure it would have been great even without the mods. Enjoy!

EDIT: And isn't the case just [b]awesome[/b] for a standard factory HSC? :)

Edited by BottomEndian

Thanks guys......

Yeah, a set of jim dunlop strap locks fitted at the store......just in case!

Hopefully i'm sorted re gas for a good while, having a stingray & a jazz too. Oh, & a peavey 5 stringer should I ever need it (hopefully not!)

HMM maybe a mim fretless jazz too??

[quote name='Clarky' post='737260' date='Feb 6 2010, 02:51 PM']Are you me in disguise, Gareth? :rolleyes:

Great bass Lazzer, very good buy IMHO[/quote]

Ha, I know. I knew it would happen. I sold the P to have two Js, but now the 5 string search didn't work, I'm sticking to what I know I get on with. The new P was at such a good price as I'd ordered the Jazz as well that I thought sod it, may as well :)

first gig last night with the P...... with my main outfit Bad Dog, playing classic rock covers so I felt the bass was really well suited. Was nice not to have to keep unplugging it inbetween sets as I do with the Ray and it felt nice in my hands. Soundwise, it had a nice thump at the bottom end with a slightly raspy top, I liked it although it was quite different to the ray!

Looking forward to getting to know the p better over the next few gigs!

Cheers