Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Ashbory in Moon Blue

BottomEndian

Up for grabs... it's my little Ashbory. If you don't know what they are, check out [url="http://www.largesound.com"]www.largesound.com[/url], but the following quote from their front page says it all:
[quote]The Ashbory Bass is an 18 inch ultra short scale fretless bass with silicon rubber strings.[/quote]
The Ashbory is completely unique-sounding: it's somewhere between an upright bass and a fretless electric, but it doesn't really sound like either. The controls are 2-band cut-&-boost active EQ and volume, giving a wide range of sounds from the piezo bridge, from scritchy-scratchy twang-a-lang to über-smooth dub. Great if you want an upright-ish sound without having to lug around the upright. :rolleyes:

Had it for a few years (from new), but it's never been gigged. In fact, it's only been to rehearsals a handful of times, but I'm just not playing the sort of music where it'll fit sensibly.

I'll throw in 3 spare strings (A, D and G), and a full set of pahoehoe polyurethane strings (unused) so the buyer can give them a go too. Also included is the LargeSound Ashbory user guide and a pouch of finger-lubricant. :) No, seriously, you need to have some sort of powder on your fingers to play this thing sensibly. Talc does the job, but I've got the Slyde-Rite stuff that came with the Ashbory. It gets everywhere, but it's brilliant.

[b]£150 delivered[/b] in the UK. If you've got stuff to trade, try me, but I'm ideally looking for a sale.

Edited by BottomEndian

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='727322' date='Jan 28 2010, 10:03 AM']Very tempted I didn't get on with my Guild one, was a little to hard to keep in tune.[/quote]
I've heard the tuning stability's much improved with these DeArmond/Fender ones. I've never had trouble, once the string's settled in. Plenty of stretching before installation is the key. :)

[quote name='cocco' post='727084' date='Jan 27 2010, 11:17 PM']If you still have this in a month I'm all over it. Been after a nice one for a while now[/quote]

MB1. :)
..With Finger Lubricant?...No Doubt!... Fnarr Fnarr!

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='727322' date='Jan 28 2010, 10:03 AM']Very tempted I didn't get on with my Guild one, was a little to hard to keep in tune.[/quote]
That one's now with me - it's a bit of a game tuning it in the first place but not too bad at staying in tune if you tighten the screws up well enough. I rather fancy one of the later ones...

Incidentally, I've found I can play it fine without talc, possibly because I place rather than slide.

[quote name='kevin_lindsay' post='739325' date='Feb 8 2010, 07:57 PM']The Ashbory basses are cool! Saying that, mine doesn't get used at all, so I've just put my black one up for sale here on the site.[/quote]
You'll have no problem selling it on, mate.