Why become a member? ×

Little Bastards!

KiOgon

After chasing my Little Bastard order this morning I got this email -

"Hi
We have just chased this product up for you with Ashdown and have been advised by them that stock of the Ashdown Little Bastard is now not due to April. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused but unfortunately we are in the hands of our suppliers, this is a new product to the market and we have allocated stock on their first shipment. Therefore everyone will be in the same boat as us.
Please advise how you would like to proceed with your order."

I expect they picked up a few orders at NAMM :rolleyes: so we in the UK just have to wait :)
:lol:

Edited by KiOgon

[quote name='KiOgon' post='720930' date='Jan 22 2010, 10:45 AM']After chasing my Little Bastard order this morning I got this email -

"Hi
We have just chased this product up for you with Ashdown and have been advised by them that stock of the Ashdown Little Bastard is now not due to April. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused but unfortunately we are in the hands of our suppliers, this is a new product to the market and we have allocated stock on their first shipment. Therefore everyone will be in the same boat as us.

I expect they picked up a few orders at NAMM :rolleyes: so we in the UK just have to wait :)
:lol:[/quote]

Good! gives me time to save for one!

andy

[quote name='KiOgon' post='720930' date='Jan 22 2010, 10:45 AM']After chasing my Little Bastard order this morning I got this email -

"Hi

:lol:[/quote]

Seems like a normal amount of time from launch to stores to me... Also I would imagine the UK will get them first, Ashdown pretty much always has its new products out in the UK before anywhere else. I've just ordered one too!

[quote name='phatbass787' post='721496' date='Jan 22 2010, 06:24 PM']Seems like a normal amount of time from launch to stores to me... Also I would imagine the UK will get them first, Ashdown pretty much always has its new products out in the UK before anywhere else. I've just ordered one too![/quote]
ashdown did tell me early febuary!cant afford one yet anyway :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys
my first post :)
Just had a mail back from Lee at ashdown amps ref the little bastard i have ordered, asked about output impedence and cabs.
The amp will have a single 8ohm and single 4ohm out put jack, He also sent me a pic of the new cab they will be launching to go with the amp
a very sexy looking 2x12
[url="http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=485143&page=12"]http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.p...143&page=12[/url] this link has some good pics from winter namm (usa)

[quote name='spaners' post='740523' date='Feb 10 2010, 12:30 AM']Hi Guys
my first post :)
Just had a mail back from Lee at ashdown amps ref the little bastard i have ordered, asked about output impedence and cabs.
The amp will have a single 8ohm and single 4ohm out put jack, He also sent me a pic of the new cab they will be launching to go with the amp
a very sexy looking 2x12
[url="http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=485143&page=12"]http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.p...143&page=12[/url] this link has some good pics from winter namm (usa)[/quote]

Share the pic of the cab with us... SHARE THE PIC!!!!!!!!

[quote name='spaners' post='746893' date='Feb 16 2010, 09:31 AM']can any one tell me how to put a pic on here
im an idiot when it comes to computers so be kind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

Howdo,
Underneath the text box (where you write a post) you'll see " Select a file" & a Browse button. Click on Browse & go to where in your folders the photo is, find it & click on, then back on here, click on UPLOAD next to Browse. Then click 'Add reply'.

That should do it!

Edited by KiOgon

Ashdown are talking about doing a limited run of 100 Little Bastards, hand built in the UK by Dave Green.

With a £100 premium for a hand built amp, they will be first come first served, delivery in early March instead of waiting for the China made amps. expected in April.

Anyone?

[quote name='KiOgon' post='746961' date='Feb 16 2010, 10:33 AM']Howdo,
Underneath the text box (where you write a post) you'll see " Select a file" & a Browse button. Click on Browse & go to where in your folders the photo is, find it & click on, then back on here, click on UPLOAD next to Browse. Then click 'Add reply'.

That should do it![/quote]

LB cab , pic sent to me from ashdown

[quote name='spaners' post='747585' date='Feb 16 2010, 06:33 PM']LB cab , pic sent to me from ashdown[/quote]
Well done that man!

Now - the cab :) is that a vertical 'port' all the way up the R/H side? Or did someone make the front too small? Or is it just me?

[quote name='umph' post='747225' date='Feb 16 2010, 01:50 PM']made by dave green sounds great! i'm assuming that means they're handing the retail to matamp[/quote]

Dave Green left Matamp 2 or 3 years ago to work for Ashdown/Hayden, Daves designed all the new Hayden gear that seems to be getting raved about and I assume he's behing all the new Ashdown valve stuff

[quote name='KiOgon' post='747205' date='Feb 16 2010, 01:38 PM']Ashdown are talking about doing a limited run of 100 Little Bastards, hand built in the UK by Dave Green.

With a £100 premium for a hand built amp, they will be first come first served, delivery in early March instead of waiting for the China made amps. expected in April.

Anyone?[/quote]

So is that hand built from chinese components?

[quote name='HarryPotter' post='748191' date='Feb 17 2010, 11:10 AM']So is that hand built from chinese components?[/quote]
most likely, not much stuff is still made in england anymore and chinese components are just as good if not better nowadays. Dave greens leaddress is top bollock from what i've seen though

I spoke to ashdown today to get the scoop on what’s happening. and yes the amps will be built on the same components and PCBs as the Chinese models, cost will be higher due to local sourcing of the components and increased labour costs in the uk , don’t think Dave is guna do a hundred amps himself though lol . There hopping to roll out the first of these amps in about 2 to 3 week’s time.
There will be a surcharge of about £100 per amp (not yet finalised) and as of my chat with them at lunch time today there was still availability.
They are also considering producing some 1x12 cabs (was told the voicing of the amp works well with 12s)
I was also told that they would be more than happy to produce 1x12 cabs as one offs for anyone who would like one (price dependent on your choice of speaker)