Why become a member? ×

A real let down :(

eezer rudun

[quote name='nottswarwick' post='720474' date='Jan 21 2010, 08:12 PM']both pete and shock above are of course right. I agree, but no one had yet made the point that I did.[/quote]

True, unless someone owned up to knowing about it before hand and didnt pass on the information. Or you never know it could have been a manufacturing error from the start that people didnt realise.

I don't think this is a "someone sold me a Warwick and did a runner" situation, so I can't help thinking we should all now leave it alone. Both parties have said their thing and it's up to them to sort it out between themselves. The feedback will I guess stand or be retracted on the basis of the outcome. I'm sure we all have an opinion based on the above posts, but I can't help thinking any further expression of those will only make a resolution between the two guys concerned more problematic.

[quote name='Dodge' post='720476' date='Jan 21 2010, 08:12 PM']Just so we're clear, you tried the bass but someone else had to point out that it was sounding terrible? In which case, you can't blame the seller for not recognising there was a problem either.

It's hardly costly or time consuming to whip a pickguard off and 'correct' any missing/incorrect/sellotaped connections. In fact, assuming the pickup/pots are correct and working, I'll happily rewire it to Musicman specs while you wait for free if you're local.

Not really a great analogy IMHO. I don't know how my car works either, but I know when it's not working.[/quote]

I'm sorry, but you're really out of order here.

It's hardly costly or time consuming to whip a pickguard off and 'correct' any missing/incorrect/sellotaped connections. In fact, assuming the pickup/pots are correct and working, I'll happily rewire it to Musicman specs while you wait for free if you're local.

It shouldn't have to be 'costly or time consuming' at all, providing you've bought something that works in the first place!!!

[quote name='Beedster' post='720481' date='Jan 21 2010, 08:19 PM']I can't help thinking we should all now leave it alone. Both parties have said their thing and it's up to them to sort it out between themselves. The feedback will I guess stand or be retracted on the basis of the outcome. I'm sure we all have an opinion based on the above posts, but I can't help thinking any further expression of those will only make a resolution between the two guys concerned more problematic.[/quote]

Wise words. Airing dirty laundry in public rarely gets the result you wish for...

[quote name='Conan' post='720498' date='Jan 21 2010, 08:33 PM']Airing dirty laundry in public rarely gets the result you wish for...[/quote]

The seller already mentioned he hasent offered to pay for repairs so the buyer wasent going to get what he wanted anyway (IE some money towards repairs). So this is the bad feedback that was left, this is the feedback forum. For good and bad feedback.

[quote name='Shockwave' post='720479' date='Jan 21 2010, 08:17 PM']Considering i had a Stingray which had two of its three positions not working correctly, i wouldnt say they sounded bad, but they didnt sound correct. One tone was ultra bright and weedy and one was very dark and low in volume. Considering i had never owned a stingray before i just assumed thats what they naturally sounded like and didnt think nothing of it until someone who did know something about MM's pointed it out.[/quote]
But honestly, you're being a little product specific here - if you personally tried a bass, decided to part with money for it and then started picking holes in it, then is there any comeback? It's not a new product, it's not mail order - if the buyer didn't like it then he had the privilege to walk away.

[quote name='Pete Academy' post='720485' date='Jan 21 2010, 08:22 PM']I'm sorry, but you're really out of order here.[/quote]

Not really.

Pete, I'm not trying to be provocative - I'm just trying to find some sensible middle ground. You feel responsible for introducing the buyer and therefore you're a little biased, I understand that, but the buyer chose to part with his cash for it, it wasn't you that made the decision. If the seller sold the bass in good faith, then the responsibility is with the buyer to decide whether he likes it enough to purchase it.

Anyway - my offer to rewire the bass still stands, and I sincerely hope buyer and seller find a mutually suitable result.

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='720761' date='Jan 22 2010, 07:47 AM']I think the seed of a resolution has been sown. Lets wrap this one up and put it to bed one way or another.[/quote]

I agree crazykiwi.

I appreciate the feedback thats been given on this one, and to be honest, it's a real credit to basschat that it's member's do actually care a great deal what goes on with buying and selling on this site.

The sellotape issue just highlighted 'at a glance' that it had clearly been messed with (badly!), the main problem (causing the fault) was obviously the 4 pickup wires that were all soldered to the wrong places (badly soldered, not a factory fault).

Its now sorted.

I'm very happy with my new fully functioning bass.

However, I'm in full agreement with shockwave on the point he made about the fact the this is a feedback forum with the purpose of reporting good and bad feedback.

Whats the point otherwise?

Job done.

Thanks all

[quote name='Pete Academy' post='720485' date='Jan 21 2010, 08:22 PM']I'm sorry, but you're really out of order here.[/quote]

I have to say that this sort of thread highlights a major problem with the feedback on this site. Why should feedback be open for everyone to jump in on and add to ? It turns into a witch hunt which is unfair IMO.

The way feedback is done on Talkbass is far better, again IMO.

Why is the guy above "out of order" ? He has a point. Your mate, I take it he is your mate ? He failed to notice the fault, he appears to have had the bass for quite a long time before you told him it was faulty. So why can't everyone accept that the seller might also have not noticed the fault too ?

I've looked at Mr SSB's feedback and he seems to have sold quite a few items on here and on Talkbass with no problems.

He also says that he welcomed people to come to his house and try the bass. That doesn't strike me to be the actions of someone who is trying to knowingly sell something that's got a fault.

Did Mr Rudun maybe get a soldering iron for christmas :)

Edited by solofunkyjazz

[quote name='solofunkyjazz' post='721501' date='Jan 22 2010, 06:28 PM']I have to say that this sort of thread highlights a major problem with the feedback on this site. Why should feedback be open for everyone to jump in on and add to ? It turns into a witch hunt which is unfair IMO.

The way feedback is on Talkbass is far better, again IMO.

Why is the guy above "out of order" ? He has a point. Your mate, I take it he is your mate ? He failed to notice the fault, he appears to have had the bass for quite a long time before you told him it was faulty. So why can't everyone accept that the seller might also have not noticed the fault too ?

I've looked at Mr SSB's feedback and he seems to have sold quite a few items on here and on Talkbass with no problems.

He also says that he welcomed people to come to his house and try the bass. That doesn't strike me to be the actions of someone who is trying to knowingly sell something that's got a fault.

Did Mr Rudun maybe get a soldering iron for christmas :)[/quote]

It's a good point. Perhaps the code/rule should be that you can only comment on a feedback thread if you have entered into a deal with the person in question? The opinions and rhetoric in the above posts have likely damaged the reputations of both parties, and it's quite possible that neither is actually to blame.

C

Chris

[quote name='Beedster' post='721507' date='Jan 22 2010, 06:32 PM']It's a good point. Perhaps the code/rule should be that you can only comment on a feedback thread if you have entered into a deal with the person in question?

Chris[/quote]
+1, makes total sense. If it is to be discussed, this is not the place for it.

[quote name='Beedster' post='721507' date='Jan 22 2010, 06:32 PM']It's a good point. Perhaps the code/rule should be that you can only comment on a feedback thread if you have entered into a deal with the person in question? The opinions and rhetoric in the above posts have likely damaged the reputations of both parties, and it's quite possible that neither is actually to blame.

C

Chris[/quote]

I have to say that I'd be careful who I sold to this looks odd to me :) but I think I'd be happy buying from Mr SSB judging from his previous form. And he has sold some nice stuff.

[quote name='solofunkyjazz' post='721544' date='Jan 22 2010, 07:12 PM']I have to say that I'd be careful who I sold to this looks odd to me :) but I think I'd be happy buying from Mr SSB judging from his previous form. And he has sold some nice stuff.[/quote]

Hmmm... yes mr solojazzfunky, i think I would too...let's see...if I was going to sell a faulty bass to someone I think I would pick the most laidback person I could find, in the hope that they would just 'accept it' and get it sorted themselves without informing anyone :rolleyes:

[quote name='eezer rudun' post='722388' date='Jan 23 2010, 06:01 PM']if I was going to sell a faulty bass to someone I think I would pick the most laidback person I could find, in the hope that they would just 'accept it' and get it sorted themselves without informing anyone :)[/quote]

Eeek! That's bordering on the libellous surely?! :rolleyes: None of my business of course, but....