Why become a member? ×

Hey from Moscow-city (RF)

Igor Gribov

Hey, to all !!
I was born in Moscow in 1975. I`ve been living here since my birth. I studyed in the musical school(class fortepiano) Since 1989, I`ve been playing on the guitar (6 string Western, simply guitar.,not bass) In 1999 I learned bass guitar with my teacher S.G. Arievich about 4 years. I so appreciated to him. He set my mind in order. In 2000-2004 I played in other groups in my city but I didnt go ahead on this way. I`ve chosen teaching music (bass-guitar,theory of music)
But I`m training on the bass guitar at home. Anyway, I dont stop my practice as a musician(bass, fortepiano,vocal,guitar)
At Now I haven`t any group. I`m so busy for this. I have great Family, and I must helped to my Family- 24h in d/7d in w.
My gear-Warwick Streamer Jazzman,4, natural oil, amp - Ampeg BA-112 and rare Park-GB15, effect processor -Boss 6-GTB, acoustic guitar Yamaha FG-401 and keybord Casio for me and my child,Kate. She is studying in musical school (fortepiano/vocal). That`s all ))

Edited by Igor Gribov

[quote name='Telebass' post='709410' date='Jan 11 2010, 10:27 PM']Welcome, 8888, from 101![/quote]

Yeah, I guess what You are realy veteran of bass!! I tell you about some purport this number in history of my country.
So, in 70th years in USSR a number 101 was some especial. If a person was an old offender, than he was evacuated behind 100 km from Moscow.
In folks told "he is from 101 km" that was aught a brand for the person. But for me this number brings very good emotions.On this frequency (101,2 fm) is broadcasting true rock wave when plays the cool riffs of my youth (1994-95)
here such the story!!

I~m sorry I often dont say what I can in russian. I hope, what conversation with all of you will got better my English!!

Thanks for yours welcome!!

[quote name='Igor Gribov' post='709662' date='Jan 12 2010, 03:53 AM']Yeah, I guess what You are realy veteran of bass!! I tell you about some purport this number in history of my country.
So, in 70th years in USSR a number 101 was some especial. If a person was an old offender, than he was evacuated behind 100 km from Moscow.
In folks told "he is from 101 km" that was aught a brand for the person. But for me this number brings very good emotions.On this frequency (101,2 fm) is broadcasting true rock wave when plays the cool riffs of my youth (1994-95)
here such the story!!

I~m sorry I often dont say what I can in russian. I hope, what conversation with all of you will got better my English!!

Thanks for yours welcome!![/quote]

Igor, Three things...

1: Welcome aboard, there's some damn fine people on here & lots of good info.
2: The 101km thing - never heard that before, very interesting - thank you.
3: Your English is perfectly OK with me. It makes me pay attention! - you're communicating just fine mate.

Pete.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Bloodaxe' post='710819' date='Jan 13 2010, 01:05 AM']Igor, Three things...

1: Welcome aboard, there's some damn fine people on here & lots of good info.
2: The 101km thing - never heard that before, very interesting - thank you.
3: Your English is perfectly OK with me. It makes me pay attention! - you're communicating just fine mate.

Pete.[/quote]

1. I believe readily!
2. you`re welcome)
3. OK! It`s a good news for me)

to sean

I dont know! May be I`m first..