Why become a member? ×

Musicman Sterling

niceguyhomer

Deep breath...here goes...

Musicman Sterling in outstanding condition. One piece ash body / Nordstrand pick-up for that pre-Ernie Ball sound / gorgeous maple neck / OHSC. Smells lovely - a bit like toffee.

Trades welcome with cash either way. I like Laklands, Ps, Js preferably with 4 strings. This bass is easily worth £750 and this is the value I'd be working to if trading. If anyone wants to buy, I'll accept a bit less given the current depressing climate.

As usual, would prefer not to ship - can deliver within a reasonable distance or meet halfway.

There I've done it. More pics on request.

Edited by niceguyhomer

[quote name='Machines' post='78065' date='Oct 23 2007, 10:05 AM']Have played this bass and it's gorgeous.. sounds the proverbial dogs.

How come you're parting with it Al ?[/quote]

I'm a shithead. It's not really getting a look in since I got my Lakkie and besides, I fancy something more trad sounding.

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='78087' date='Oct 23 2007, 10:44 AM']Mmmmmmaybe...can I see what else comes along?[/quote]
ok, i was just off to the local music shop to try a set of flats on the bongo, i will hold off for a while just in case......

You sure you want to part with this mate? This might be one of those (excuse the reference) dooooh moments if you sell and later regret it.
Can't you just tuck her away for a few years and re-discover her later on?

Cheers,

[quote name='TPJ' post='78275' date='Oct 23 2007, 01:52 PM']You sure you want to part with this mate? This might be one of those (excuse the reference) dooooh moments if you sell and later regret it.
Can't you just tuck her away for a few years and re-discover her later on?

Cheers,[/quote]

Well Tom, I may end up doing just that cos it'll take something special to make me swap it and in the present economic climate, I'll be amazed if anyone stumps up the cash.

Anyways, I have my eye on something :)

Why are people suddenly unloading their Sterlings? There seems to have been a rash of them up for sale recently.

I reckon you're all f#@*ing mental, I'll give up my Sterling when you prise it from my cold, dead hands.

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='78470' date='Oct 23 2007, 05:58 PM']'91 Warwick Streamer Stage I?[/quote]

[quote name='Machines' post='78478' date='Oct 23 2007, 06:06 PM']Eeek you offered him a Warwick... stand back ![/quote]

Ha, Matt knows me don't ya :) Sorry warwickhunt, I don't do Warwicks but thanks anyway.

I'm not surprised you've withdrawn it Alan. Beautiful looking, sounding and playing :) I've got several basses I'd p/ex for it, including my Les Evan's genuine Liverpool bass.

I've just got back from my Mum's. If you want to have a go on Bob your very welcome. Not much chance for volume up here though :0

Peter

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='79109' date='Oct 24 2007, 08:29 PM']I'm not surprised you've withdrawn it Alan. Beautiful looking, sounding and playing :huh: I've got several basses I'd p/ex for it, including my Les Evan's genuine Liverpool bass.

I've just got back from my Mum's. If you want to have a go on Bob your very welcome. Not much chance for volume up here though :0

Peter[/quote]

I'd like that 'Liverpool' bass Peter - to smash that idiot Benitez over his stupid bloody head. I've just endured 90 minutes of torture watching LiverPOO get beaten by a third rate Turkish team. :)

I'll be up for a dabble on Bob soon Peter :huh: