Why become a member? ×

FS/FT Mesa Boogie Venture 600 combo

Beedster

Well I guess this is a feeler, albeit a strong one. I traded this with Big D on here several months back, and he got a Markbass R500 and 151HF cab in return. I guess in some respects I've gone from one extreme to the other, from the clinical and almost hi-fi precision of the Italians to the ballsy all-out grunt of the yanks, and unfortunately I feel I really need to be somewhere in the middle. On top of that, although I'd like to think I'm doing gigs that require this sort of volume, I'm not, and it's not gone above 4 on master since I've had it (and that caused some gastric issues for the soundguy).

The tone is everything I expected of Mesa Boogie, pure valvey goodness, and volume by the truckload. It's certainly an amp that you have to be a standing a good few feet away from to fully appreciate just how powerful and sweet the tone is, it's certainly a crowd pleaser. I tends to drive quite easily, which I guess for many is a real bonus, but for me it's proving a bit of a negative, hence this post. Having said that, I would trade for a 12" Walkabout and cash as there's certainly a place for this tone in our sound, just not sufficient justification for having quite so much cash invested in it.

It's in perfect condition, Dale didn't use it too often and neither have I. Dale was offering this at a ludicrous price, around a grand IIRC. It's worth a whole lot more than that, I certainly think the Markbass gear I traded was worth more, but i think in the current climate a grand's a fair price for it (they retail at well over £2000). Alternatively, hit me with offers of amplification that might suit, it will need to be at least 300w and of similar quality. Given I'm trying to get my finances in order following the purchase of the '64 Precision, a deal with cash my way would be preferable. PX option at [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=73943&hl="]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=73943&hl=[/url]

Cover and footswitch included.

Details are here [url="http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Bass_Amps/Venture/Venture.htm"]http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Bas...ure/Venture.htm[/url]

Reviews (head, M-Pulse 600) here [url="http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Bass+Amp/product/Mesa%2FBoogie/M-Pulse+600/10/1"]http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews...-Pulse+600/10/1[/url]

Pic below was taken to sell my Ric, I'll take more tomorrow.

Chris

[attachment=39823:Image0163.jpg]

Edited by Beedster

[quote name='Musicman20' post='707306' date='Jan 10 2010, 12:45 AM']Mmmm that looks awesome.[/quote]

It is

[quote name='paulie' post='707812' date='Jan 10 2010, 04:20 PM']I like that amp Chris.

And good value at a grand also.

Have an auld bump![/quote]

Cheers Paulie, did the Briefcase go?

[quote name='MythSte' post='707817' date='Jan 10 2010, 04:24 PM']Gulp...[/quote]

Indeed

[quote name='walbassist' post='707852' date='Jan 10 2010, 04:50 PM']Mmm, tempting. How heavy is it?[/quote]

Heavy but not too hard to get around. The combination of side handles, top handle and wheels make it easy to move, but all the same, it's as reassuringly heavy as Stella Artois is expensive

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='707917' date='Jan 10 2010, 05:43 PM']Looks like a great piece of kit.. Good luck with it Chris![/quote]

Cheers mate

Would you consider some sort of swap deal involving cash and an Ashdown ABM EVO-III 500, possibly with cabs (I have ABM 410T and 115 which have been loaded with Eminence Deltalite II 2510 and a Kappalite 3015LF in the 15)?

EDIT: If I manage to sell that stack separately, I'm willing to meet your valuation of a grand - would you be up for couriering it if I did get the cash together?

Edited by Le Chat Noir

[quote name='Le Chat Noir' post='708142' date='Jan 10 2010, 08:33 PM']Would you consider some sort of swap deal involving cash and an Ashdown ABM EVO-III 500, possibly with cabs (I have ABM 410T and 115 which have been loaded with Eminence Deltalite II 2510 and a Kappalite 3015LF in the 15)?

EDIT: If I manage to sell that stack separately, I'm willing to meet your valuation of a grand - would you be up for couriering it if I did get the cash together?[/quote]

Hello mate, thanks for the reply. I'm not really into the Ashdown TBH. I can look into a courier, although it would likely be expensive. I could also meet half way (I'm in Canterbury, so somewhere on the M4/M5)

Cheers

Chris

[quote name='Beedster' post='708210' date='Jan 10 2010, 09:16 PM']Hello mate, thanks for the reply. I'm not really into the Ashdown TBH. I can look into a courier, although it would likely be expensive. I could also meet half way (I'm in Canterbury, so somewhere on the M4/M5)

Cheers

Chris[/quote]

OK Chris, will try to get a quick sale on the Ashdown... will get back to you if/when I have the funds!

[quote name='Le Chat Noir' post='708213' date='Jan 10 2010, 09:24 PM']OK Chris, will try to get a quick sale on the Ashdown... will get back to you if/when I have the funds![/quote]

[quote name='MB1' post='708232' date='Jan 10 2010, 09:43 PM']MB1. :)
....That looks like a serious piece of kit! Chris... Nice!:rolleyes:
BUMP![/quote]

Thanks guys. Martin, it is indeed, perhaps a bit too serious for me!

Chris

[quote name='BassKS' post='708542' date='Jan 11 2010, 09:13 AM']oooh, Nice stuff Beedster. Youre not planning on buying the Bassman reissue now are you? With you being a Fender kinda guy.[/quote]

Not yet mate, but you never know!

Just to add to the above posts guys, I'm now only really looking for a straight cash sale or PX with at least £300 my way as I've had to extend my PJB budget this morning. A Walkabout plus some folding would be perfect as it would provide something the PJB doesn't really do all that well. An old Trace or similar combo plus cash might also tempt me, bit of a trip down memory lane!
C

[quote name='Beedster' post='708836' date='Jan 11 2010, 02:04 PM']Not yet mate, but you never know!

Just to add to the above posts guys, I'm now only really looking for a straight cash sale or PX with at least £300 my way as I've had to extend my PJB budget this morning. A Walkabout plus some folding would be perfect as it would provide something the PJB doesn't really do all that well. An old Trace or similar combo plus cash might also tempt me, bit of a trip down memory lane!
C[/quote]

Just to let you know, I'm still solidly interested as I think this combo would be ideal for me... trying to offload some stuff for fundage as we speak!

[quote name='Le Chat Noir' post='709042' date='Jan 11 2010, 04:44 PM']Just to let you know, I'm still solidly interested as I think this combo would be ideal for me... trying to offload some stuff for fundage as we speak![/quote]

Cheers LCN, there's two others who've shown serious interest but as I've said above, a cash deal is probably more useful to me at present.

Cheers

Chris

[quote name='RIM Basses' post='709116' date='Jan 11 2010, 05:58 PM']Really nice bit of kit Chris, shame I aint got the funds as I would be snapin this up!

Robbie.[/quote]

Cheers Robbie, hope you don't mind if I use a reply to you as a shameless bump!

Chris

BTW, I've had a few questions about this so thought I'd clarify:

It's the 4ohm version so produces 600w through the combo alone. It's monstrously loud, seriously, the sort of loud that scares people. It scared me the first time I got it angry. I've been told that the head can run down to 2ohms with an extension cab but I doubt I'd want to run the risk and, given the volume it kicks out as is, I can't imagine a situation in which you'd need to.

It's heavy but, given the weight, is actually very easy to move, thanks largely to the built-in (but nicely hidden) rear wheels, and the rail on the top, combined with the usual extending side handles.

It comes with the footswitch that can switch between a conventional three band and five band fully parametric EQ, between compressed and normal, and between the normal channel and solo channel. Although it's a pretty simple setup, it provides a bloody useful set of options on stage and in the studio.

Why am I getting rid of it? TBH, and having thought a bit about it, if someone gave me a grand now I'd wouldn't be!

Cheers

Chris

[quote name='Beedster' post='710660' date='Jan 12 2010, 09:55 PM']And OMG I've just seen that the head alone sells for £1845.........

[url="http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/74946"]http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/74946[/url]

C[/quote]

Mesa Boogie is crazy money new.

[quote name='alexharvay' post='710673' date='Jan 12 2010, 10:06 PM']Mesa Boogie is crazy money new.[/quote]

Tell me about it!

[quote name='paulie' post='710679' date='Jan 12 2010, 10:13 PM']Hi Chris

I have a mint Markbass F1 head and 2 Aguilar GS112 speakers, both in perfect condition (ie no marks, skuffs etc)

Would this setup tickle your fancy?

Paul[/quote]

Hiya Paul, thanks for the offer but as I said above, I kinda need something between Markbass and Mesa in tone if I trade.

Cheers

Chris

[quote name='Beedster' post='710711' date='Jan 12 2010, 10:36 PM']Tell me about it!

Hiya Paul, thanks for the offer but as I said above, I kinda need something between Markbass and Mesa in tone if I trade.

Cheers

Chris[/quote]

No worries Chris, I reckon the Aguilar heads would be right up your alley. You should check them out.

Cheers
Paul.