Why become a member? ×

FS/FT Mesa Boogie Venture 600 combo

Beedster

[quote name='Jimelliottbassist' post='711130' date='Jan 13 2010, 11:54 AM']Come on Chris theres a thought![/quote]

If only you still had the two 1x12s Jim :)

OK, the latest on this is that there are three guys all waiting for their kit to sell to buy this at £1000, which given the price check above is a damn good price! PX for a Walkabout or similar is still of course an option

Clarky, your new Precision would love this rig mate. That Walkabout must be really underpowered in that noisy punk outfit of yours.......

Chris

[quote name='Beedster' post='711208' date='Jan 13 2010, 12:53 PM']Clarky, your new Precision would love this rig mate. That Walkabout must be really underpowered in that noisy punk outfit of yours.......[/quote]
If I was not such a wuss (with a glass back) I am sure I would happuily do the trade Chris ....

[quote name='Clarky' post='711267' date='Jan 13 2010, 01:34 PM']If I was not such a wuss (with a glass back) I am sure I would happuily do the trade Chris ....[/quote]

Crikey, do you ever miss a thread mate? I'm gonna start a new game - 'put Clarky's name in various obscure posts and see if he finds it'!

No worries dude, always a long shot, and this ain't an amp you want with a bad back!

C

[quote name='Beedster' post='711284' date='Jan 13 2010, 01:50 PM']Crikey, do you ever miss a thread mate?[/quote]

I was hiding behind you in your study when you typed that Chris, I'm your biggest fan

Oh sorry, did that spook you out? :)

PS, wot is right, the Walkabout is very loud, so much so that I haven't even had an opportunity to add the extension cab at a gig yet .....

Sorry dude, I simply can't scrape the money together, not much interest in my Ashdown, so I'm going to pull out of the race for now :) If it's still for sale in more prosperous times I'll still be interested!

On a side note, the price difference new for these in Europe vs the US is criminal! They sell new in the US for $1,699 in most shops, which is just over a grand in pounds... whilst the only European dealer I could find is Thomann at 2366 euros, or 2136 quid :rolleyes:

Mesa always seems to double its prices for the UK and Europe, but I guess Americans suffer the opposite with Marshall, Orange etc!

[quote name='Le Chat Noir' post='713166' date='Jan 14 2010, 10:36 PM']Sorry dude, I simply can't scrape the money together, not much interest in my Ashdown, so I'm going to pull out of the race for now :) If it's still for sale in more prosperous times I'll still be interested!

On a side note, the price difference new for these in Europe vs the US is criminal! They sell new in the US for $1,699 in most shops, which is just over a grand in pounds... whilst the only European dealer I could find is Thomann at 2366 euros, or 2136 quid :rolleyes:

Mesa always seems to double its prices for the UK and Europe, but I guess Americans suffer the opposite with Marshall, Orange etc![/quote]

Thanks for letting me know dude, sorry it didn't work out. I would like to think that part of the price difference is the cost of moving what are bloody heavy amps around the world, and then when you add import duties etc it kinda makes sense. However, as you point out, it seems to ne particularly extreme with Mesa compared to other manufacturers.

Chris

Edited by Beedster

I've had a lot of interest in this but no firm offers. If I trade it will need to be to something versatile (e.g., head and cab(s) offering a range of power/impedance options), or PX for a relatively powerful combo (300w) that will fill my larger gig needs for the time being. I like 1x15s and 1x12s, not really interested in anything larger (e.g., 4x10).

Chris

Hi Chris, shame this amp has not worked out for you, as you have said it really is a fantastic bit of kit.
Sound wise it is very,very loud but not in a hard sounding sort of way. Very versatile with most things controllable via the foot switch.
Combo has really not been used very much and is in like new condition.
Hope you find a deal

Ta very glad Dale (BIGd)

[quote name='bigd1' post='715206' date='Jan 16 2010, 09:16 PM']Hi Chris, shame this amp has not worked out for you, as you have said it really is a fantastic bit of kit.
Sound wise it is very,very loud but not in a hard sounding sort of way. Very versatile with most things controllable via the foot switch.
Combo has really not been used very much and is in like new condition.
Hope you find a deal

Ta very glad Dale (BIGd)[/quote]

Cheers Dale, yes, it's a great piece of kit and the more interest I get, the more I want to keep it.

All the best mate, hope you're still liking the Markbass gear

Chris

Edited by Beedster

Having now started looking into getting something a little less powerful and a little more retro (see post above), I'm quite keen to shift this. I've had a lot of PM interest in this but no firm cash offers, and the trade/PX options haven't quite worked out, so I'll probably put it on ebay at around £1200 at the end of the week.

So, anyone out there looking to get their hands on a nice piece of Califormian uber-tone technology, get in touch quick (and take a look at the link in the post above re PX)

Chris

[quote name='Beedster' post='710650' date='Jan 12 2010, 09:49 PM']It's the 4ohm version so produces 600w through the combo alone. It's monstrously loud, seriously, the sort of loud that scares people. It scared me the first time I got it angry. I've been told that the head can run down to 2ohms with an extension cab but I doubt I'd want to run the risk and, given the volume it kicks out as is, I can't imagine a situation in which you'd need to.[/quote]

To clarify, it does go to 2ohms, although I'm not sure how much power it would produce at that impedance (guessing around 1000w)

C

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Beedster' post='719163' date='Jan 20 2010, 03:59 PM']Gone (pending the usual stuff)

C[/quote]

Hi Beedster,
If this deal falls through i will definately take it off your hands, I have the cash waiting.
I can't believe i joined this forum a week too late.

cheers

thebassman

[quote name='thebassman' post='728039' date='Jan 28 2010, 08:07 PM']Hi Beedster,
If this deal falls through i will definately take it off your hands, I have the cash waiting.
I can't believe i joined this forum a week too late.

cheers

thebassman[/quote]

Hi mate
Welcome to the site. I'm afraid it has sold. I didn't realise I hadn't revised the title. Apologies
Chris