Why become a member? ×

anyone else use ez drummer ??

billphreets

[quote name='billphreets' post='706326' date='Jan 9 2010, 09:59 AM']anybody else out there use toontracks ez drummer ?? i find it an invaluable tool for jammimg along to.. groove monkee do some decent add on kits in a lot of different genres.. some great odd time meter patterns in the jazz kits... SO simple to programme your own beats.. :)[/quote]
any more details Bill?
I've been looking for a free "jam-a-long" drummer site for a few days as it goes, but come up nix.. so anymore leads would be good.
thanks
W

[quote name='Golchen' post='706331' date='Jan 9 2010, 10:08 AM']I bought it but I never use it. I got it to use with Garageband but it is pretty crap with GB. I think that it works a lot better with other software.

I'm desperate for a 3/4 drum pattern for a project, but it doesn't have anything useable![/quote]
what kits / packages do you have?? i use it in ableton live...

[quote name='witterth' post='706330' date='Jan 9 2010, 10:06 AM']any more details Bill?
I've been looking for a free "jam-a-long" drummer site for a few days as it goes, but come up nix.. so anymore leads would be good.
thanks
W[/quote]
its not free m8 .. and im certainly not the type of person that advocates getting it from a torrent site...

My band, within The Void, have an artist deal with Toontrack - and have been using Superior 2 (the newer EZ Drummer package) - and all of us think it is brilliant. I love slapping down a loop in my DAW and jamming to it too. The more realistic drums (and the infinte editing of S2) makes the whole experience far more enjoyable.. Especially when coming up with new song ideas.

I get the toontrack newsletter through - and it's interesting to see how many artists have had chart releases with their products taking up the rhythm section job!

[quote name='dood' post='712607' date='Jan 14 2010, 02:36 PM']My band, within The Void, have an artist deal with Toontrack - and have been using Superior 2 (the newer EZ Drummer package) - and all of us think it is brilliant. I love slapping down a loop in my DAW and jamming to it too. The more realistic drums (and the infinte editing of S2) makes the whole experience far more enjoyable.. Especially when coming up with new song ideas.

I get the toontrack newsletter through - and it's interesting to see how many artists have had chart releases with their products taking up the rhythm section job![/quote]

why would you need EZ drummer when you have thomas lang? Lolz oj. Sounds like it's a great songwriting tool though. It's a nice touch to be able to make good sounding results quickly. I was thinking of doing a similar thing myself so i didn't have to buy a load of drum recording gear for demos, plus i'm not exactly TL on the drums either :)

[quote name='TRadford' post='712824' date='Jan 14 2010, 05:56 PM']I use it too, although Im a drummer! Have it on a laptop and rum my edrums through it to get more realistic sounds.
Great program, and [u]handy to quickly chuck a song together when you cant be arsed to play it.[/u][/quote]

Yeah that's basically what i was thinking lolz

[quote name='Golchen' post='706331' date='Jan 9 2010, 10:08 AM']I bought it but I never use it. I got it to use with Garageband but it is pretty crap with GB. I think that it works a lot better with other software.

I'm desperate for a 3/4 drum pattern for a project, but it doesn't have anything useable![/quote]

jam studio has a 3/4

Not amazingly brilliant but a 3/4 pattern nonetheless

[quote name='EdwardHimself' post='712959' date='Jan 14 2010, 07:55 PM']why would you need EZ drummer when you have thomas lang? Lolz oj. Sounds like it's a great songwriting tool though. It's a nice touch to be able to make good sounding results quickly. I was thinking of doing a similar thing myself so i didn't have to buy a load of drum recording gear for demos, plus i'm not exactly TL on the drums either :)[/quote]

Well TL *is* great - but I write all of his drum parts for him.. Next week , I'm teaching him compound time sigs :rolleyes:) - I jest of course. Yes, we use it for writing songs. For really quick demos, being a Roland endorser - Thomas will beat out some lines on his Vdrums straight down to MIDI (triggering Superior for example) - then mail over the MIDI file, which we then play back with exactly the same Superior kit. It's very fast and great for roughing out ideas. Thomas lives in the US, so it's not really easy to pop round for a coffee and jam! lol!

[quote name='witterth' post='706330' date='Jan 9 2010, 10:06 AM']any more details Bill?
thanks
W[/quote]

It's not free but it's not too badly priced IIRC.

[quote name='Golchen' post='706331' date='Jan 9 2010, 10:08 AM']I bought it but I never use it. I got it to use with Garageband but it is pretty crap with GB. I think that it works a lot better with other software.[/quote]

Works well with Cubase :)

That said apparently there are much better available. Can't remember the name, I'll get back to you!

I bought a Zoom drum machine but I can't program beats for toffee. Seen that Digital Village are doing EZ Drummer and the Drummer From Hell expansion pack for £89. VERY tempted to treat myself after pay day...

[url="http://www.dv247.com/drums-and-percussion/toontrack-ez-drummer-plus--free-drumkit-from-hell-ezx-expansion-dv-megadeal--47674"]http://www.dv247.com/drums-and-percussion/...megadeal--47674[/url]

[quote name='dood' post='713870' date='Jan 15 2010, 03:16 PM']Well TL *is* great - but I write all of his drum parts for him.. Next week , I'm teaching him compound time sigs :)) - I jest of course. Yes, we use it for writing songs. For really quick demos, being a Roland endorser - Thomas will beat out some lines on his Vdrums straight down to MIDI (triggering Superior for example) - then mail over the MIDI file, which we then play back with exactly the same Superior kit. It's very fast and great for roughing out ideas. Thomas lives in the US, so it's not really easy to pop round for a coffee and jam! lol![/quote]

Yeah i know the feeling, i'm showing our drummer neil peart the ropes at the moment. He's got the drive and the gear but i just have to get him the little bit of the way there. Lolz oj i'm the drummer actually. Yeah i saw TLs electronic kit @ NAMM for a roland promo vid. As far as i remember it was like a complete copy of his acoustic kit but electronic and it is totally awesome. Seriously if anyone on here is even remotely interested in drums then i reccomend you look it up on youtube. I see exactly what you mean about jam sessions and that. I was half-joking when i said that though i mean of course there are other good reasons to get a program like this.

Edited by EdwardHimself

[quote name='velvetkevorkian' post='714389' date='Jan 15 2010, 09:52 PM']For those of a thriftier bent, there's also [url="http://www.bluenoise.no/mydrumset.html"]My Drumset[/url] which is free and pretty good. Have to program the beats yourself though.[/quote]

I downloaded that. I thought it was quite good in it's own way but the trouble is that there aren't really enough drums and cymbals on it. It's fine if you don't need a big kit though. Plus you have to transpose all your midi files by 2 octaves.