Why become a member? ×

A scary amount of money

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1961-Fender-Precision-Bass-Guitar-with-original-case_W0QQitemZ220534541005QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV?hash=item3358e20acd"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1961-Fender-Precisio...=item3358e20acd[/url]

I recommend placing a tea towel over your keyboard before looking at this one ... drool and electronics don't mix.

Kinda gets to the point where you're buying something that can't possibly be better than a new model costing around two grand or whatever - I sincerely hope that goes to a musician who will do something good with it, rather than a bank manager who's going to keep it under his bed for ten years.

[quote name='maxrossell' post='699748' date='Jan 3 2010, 05:49 PM']Kinda gets to the point where you're buying something that can't possibly be better than a new model costing around two grand or whatever - I sincerely hope that goes to a musician who will do something good with it, rather than a bank manager who's going to keep it under his bed for ten years.[/quote]
they're collectors pieces now not instruments ;o

[quote name='maxrossell' post='699748' date='Jan 3 2010, 05:49 PM']....I sincerely hope that goes to a musician who will do something good with it, rather than a bank manager who's going to keep it under his bed for ten years....[/quote]
I don't mind as long as someone doesn't put a jazz pickup on it and paint it green!! It's not completely original... the strap button is missing from the back of the headstock and the bridge cover seems to be missing!

[quote name='chris_b' post='699802' date='Jan 3 2010, 06:41 PM']I don't mind as long as someone doesn't put a jazz pickup on it and paint it green!![/quote]

TBH if it's gonna be bought by some guy who's gonna stick it in a safe, I'd sooner it was modded and painted green. At least it would be by someone who intends to make music with it.

I paid a lot less for genuine "worn-in" one...mind you it is very nice. One to play, one to look at :)

[quote name='Al Heeley' post='699792' date='Jan 3 2010, 06:32 PM']It's in such good condition (after being shoved under a bed for 30 years...) wonder how much the punters would pay if someone relic'd it a bit? made it look properly old.
Lovely but I'd rather pay a lot less and have a new one.[/quote]

[quote name='chris_b' post='699802' date='Jan 3 2010, 06:41 PM']I don't mind as long as someone doesn't put a jazz pickup on it and paint it green!! It's not completely original... the strap button is missing from the back of the headstock and the bridge cover seems to be missing![/quote]

Don't worry I can't afford it.