Why become a member? ×

Drum N Bass/Dubstep

Jarhead

as a footnote , in defense of the poor outdated (thanks to the MP201) CP251, its a GREAT unit!!!
i recommend any mf101 owners to keep their eyes peeled for a used one, they really go hand in hand with each other!(or indeed any fooger!)
can get a great reverse sweep and a great almost auto wah effect,not to mention LFO wobble :)
the 4 way multiple is great for simultaneously controlling the cutoff,resonance and env amount using just the one expression pedal.... i could go on but...........

Edited by Tuco

• 1 month later...

So in terms of low pass filters what is their. From what ive read these are the bits of equitment that give you the wobbles which is what i really want to do. Ive only seen the moog low pass filter with the inbuilt envelope filter. is their any others out their that can be used with bass?

Tbh, the Moog one is the only one worth using for live applications as others I've seen don't have the flexibilty to be controlled like the Moog one does. Pair it with a Moog MP-201 for more LPF fun that you know what to do with.

If your near Nottingham this Friday let me know as I'll be using mine live.

Well its my birthday in march so im hoping i may have money+family to get a low pass filter. But my god that MP-201 looks amazing. Im guessing you dont just have to connect moog pedals to it but can connect any pedal that requires an expression to it or can take a volume pedal and then control them individually?

Too much stuff and a huge lack of money. :)

The MP-201 is amazing. It works with most pedals as an expression pedal, but can be used as an LFO (and envelope generator with the V2 firmware upgrade) with any pedals that work off CV... And to be honest there arnt many pedal builders that use CV.

It's an amazing bit of kit, and to be honest I only touch the surface, using 4 presets out of 99.

Being able to change 4 parameters with one pedal is pretty special though.

Very cool. IS ebay at £225 the cheapest place for the LPF? only place i can find one is ebay.

Also do any of your guys who play dubstep/electronic music on a bass have any recordings of your work. Ive been listening to alot of nerve and downloaded their 3 ep's and its brilliant but i wouldnt mind to hear other people incorperated the bass guitar as the bass of the tunes into songs.

Checkout Miloopa as well. Bond is a genius on bass. If you search 'Bond on bass' on YouTube, or look back through this thread you'll find some stuff.

I'm in the studio doing an EP between 12th and 18th Feb so ask in a few weeks :) there are some bad demo recordings at www.myspace.com/ourhelicalmind but they ate lacking much of the 'sub' sound (which the new recordings won't lack).

£225 is a good price. Hot Rox usually have them in stock around the corner from me and the have an online store.

[quote name='phil.i.stein' post='1108751' date='Jan 30 2011, 09:54 PM']on this..

i've fallen in love with the source audio bass envelope filter. especially in 'down' mode. octave and fuzz then bef = massive fun. :)[/quote]

Looking forward to trying this on Tuesday bud. I'll stick it in my signal chain in place of the GR and see if it lives up to your hype :)

Check out my band thebrokendoor at [url="http://www.thebrokendoor.co.uk"]www.thebrokendoor.co.uk[/url] and our bandcamp [url="http://thebrokendoor.bandcamp.com/album/52"]HERE[/url] where you can find our album, single (Extreme Prejudice) and our various audiovisual projects.

Dan

Dan & Pantherairsoft have better recordings than I do, but if you go to the effects reviews forum on Basschat you'll find the review I did for the the Moog LPF & Bass MuRF with a couple of recordings.
I think I stuck a link in this post to it a few pages back. :)

[quote name='fatgoogle' post='1111369' date='Feb 1 2011, 06:07 PM']Been listening to some Miloopa and it is amazing. Those showcase video's of bond on youtube are amazing.

And DanOwens for future reference would you say midi is essential for dubstep type musi9c. It seems both you and bond use midi, but john davis doesnt.[/quote]

Neither do I. I have been tempted very very often, but something about doing it all analog, even though some stuff is bloody hard is very rewarding. Midi is very useful but right now, not for me. My board is very close to Bond's, with the swap around of a few pedals, but missing the midi.

Useful (and a very powerful tool) - yes.

Essential - no.

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='1111434' date='Feb 1 2011, 06:47 PM']Useful (and a very powerful tool) - yes.

Essential - no.[/quote]

I largely agree with this. My thinking is that waveform tracking is actually very similar to MIDI so if you're using (for instance) a Boss SYB or a Markbass SuperSynth then you can probably get very close to the sounds you can get with MIDI, but just not quite as flexibly.

On the TBD record we utilised some sounds that you just can't get with audio, but likewise there are many sounds that you can achieve with audio processing but not MIDI.

Dan

Many thanks for all the info.

At the moment i have a Ashdown drive +, EBS octaabss and a zvex fuzz factory on my table being made slowly. Im thinking saving for the moog LPF will give me the basic sound to work with at the moment. Or is their any other basic essentials i should look for??

[quote name='fatgoogle' post='1111718' date='Feb 1 2011, 10:20 PM']Many thanks for all the info.

At the moment i have a Ashdown drive +, EBS octaabss and a zvex fuzz factory on my table being made slowly. Im thinking saving for the moog LPF will give me the basic sound to work with at the moment. Or is their any other basic essentials i should look for??[/quote]

Some form of LFO, such as chorus or trem to add some 'wobble' and depth and I'd say your good to go. Everything after that becomes luxury. For me, delay is important too, but I know others disagree with this.

I could happily gig with OC2, Corvid Fuzz, Unichorus, Moog LPF, DD20…. which is about a third of my regular set up.