Why become a member? ×

Hi

Blind Lemon

Hello all, not too good with this forum thing maybe a bit old at 38 and 60 months. Been a basser for......... lets say some years! think i was the wrong side of puberty when i started and aint stoped since.
Looking to get my hands on a MIM jazz (seems wrong ive never owned a fender) so if anyone knows of one going let me know.

Thanks Richard :)

Hi Richard and welcome :)

Old at 38 and - er - 60 months? Not round here - excellent age spread on this forum - alongside the young shavers there's even someone here who remembers VE Day (not me...)

Hope you enjoy the forum - Happy New Year!

Edited by skankdelvar

[quote name='Blind Lemon' post='696464' date='Dec 30 2009, 04:51 PM']Hello all, not too good with this forum thing maybe a bit old at 38 and 60 months. Been a basser for......... lets say some years! think i was the wrong side of puberty when i started and aint stoped since.
Looking to get my hands on a MIM jazz (seems wrong ive never owned a fender) so if anyone knows of one going let me know.

Thanks Richard :)[/quote]

Welcome aboard, mine's a Mild!

43? A mere stripling! There's a good, broad demographic here, so I'm sure you'll have no probs.

Why a MIA particularly? The MIJ/CIJs are well worth a look from what I hear (both on the grapevine & with my battered ears).

Pete.

:) Thanks all for the welcome. Fancy a MIA jazz because ive never owned a fender and feel its the one to have, i understand the CIJ jap one is the better one as these are produced for the home market and are built to a higher standard than MIJ that are produced for export. Been looking at a CIJ on ebay but unsure about how much import duty is likley to be payable, if anyone can give me a clue it appreatiate it. Mind you even when i get my hands on a jazz chances are it will still be my warwick FNA that hangs round my neck when gigging cos it seems to fit like an old glove.

Happy New Year one and all.

[quote name='Blind Lemon' post='697911' date='Jan 1 2010, 01:30 PM']:) Thanks all for the welcome. Fancy a MIA jazz because ive never owned a fender and feel its the one to have, i understand the CIJ jap one is the better one as these are produced for the home market and are built to a higher standard than MIJ that are produced for export. Been looking at a CIJ on ebay but unsure about how much import duty is likley to be payable, if anyone can give me a clue it appreatiate it. Mind you even when i get my hands on a jazz chances are it will still be my warwick FNA that hangs round my neck when gigging cos it seems to fit like an old glove.

Happy New Year one and all.[/quote]

There's a sticky about importing here: [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=139"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=139[/url] that'll go some way to answering that bit. I only ask as a few local players swear by their Fender & to my ears it goes like this...

Squier Jazz - Good. Punchy, yet bassy - cuts through well.
CIJ P - Wow! Grit, growl & all the trouser-flapping good stuff - good definition too.
1969/70 P/J hybrid (P body, Jazz neck) - One owner from new, largely original. Goes *Thud*. Owner loves it (which is what counts), but I wouldn't give it house room personally.

Deffo a Try Before You Buy sketch methinks - I'd suggest a day out in That London & a visit to The Gallery, they're likely to have a goodly selection & they're an affable bunch.

Pete.