Why become a member? ×

This is a bit bonkers

Delberthot

Never seen one of these before - thankfully too far away for me to collect it. I don;t think my back would thank me

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rivera-TBR-5-Hammer-320-Stereo-Power-Amp-NEAR-MINT_W0QQitemZ270501833562QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_MusicalInstr_Amplifiers_RL?hash=item3efb2a6b5a"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rivera-TBR-5-Hammer-...=item3efb2a6b5a[/url]

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='696415' date='Dec 30 2009, 03:54 PM']I wouldn't buy any amplifier with a knob marked [b][i]PRESCENCE[/i][/b].

If they can't spell [i]Presence [/i]properly, what makes you think they can solder?

:)[/quote]
I think it's supposed to say [b]PRESCIENCE[/b], but an "I" rubbed off. Basically, that knob makes it go so loud that it rips a hole in the fabric of reality, allowing you to see 2 hours into the future so you can tell how your gig went.

[quote name='SteveO' post='696489' date='Dec 30 2009, 05:16 PM']For some reason the phrase 'made from military grade components' tickled me. Its a valve amp, so presumably we're talking about 1950's military components. :)[/quote]
valve equipment is still used in the military at the moment! it'll survive a nuke but SS stuff wont

[quote name='umph' post='696517' date='Dec 30 2009, 06:41 PM']valve equipment is still used in the military at the moment! it'll survive a nuke but SS stuff wont[/quote]
really ? :) No experience with valves myself but I've heard stories that they're a tad fragile and don't like things like for eg being dropped. I assume that you mean they'll withstand the emp blast rather than the shockwaves and fires etc. presumably military valve equipment is in protective cases to erm.. protect against this kinda thing.
You live and learn.

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='696461' date='Dec 30 2009, 04:48 PM']Rivera have a reputation up there with Mesa Boogie in the guitar world... can't see why a guitarist would need a power amp that big though! :) :rolleyes:[/quote]
really? we have a couple of rivera guitar valve combos at college, they're alright. I kinda like them but none of the tutors do.

[quote name='budget bassist' post='699889' date='Jan 3 2010, 07:54 PM']really? we have a couple of rivera guitar valve combos at college, they're alright. I kinda like them but none of the tutors do.[/quote]

Oh, yes. [i]Terrible[/i] amps those. Real shockers. If they want to chop them in, tell them I'll give 'em £25 apiece and take them away.

I'm cutting my own throat here, y'know...