Why become a member? ×

Kubicki Ex Factor

Paul_C

I've got an urge to play a bit of acoustic guitar when I'm not playing bass, so this, while very nice, has to go.

Unless you have a nice acoustic to trade, I'll only be looking to sell this time (unless it's for something easy to sell, like a Ricky 4003)

P.

Edited by Paul_C

That's quite beautiful. Hey, I've got acoustics, but don't really want to shift any. That said, I have a Zenith Josh White I don't use anymore...Bakelite scratch plate. It needs the machines looking at and needs a new nut. It is after all over 50 years old. I saw one go on eBay for £850 about six months ago. Zenith used to make all these big archtop jazz guitars.

Love the white Kubicki basses...John Taylor, Power Station, Live Aid...my jaw fell open.
P

[quote name='Bassman7' date='Oct 21 2007, 05:11 PM' post='77386']
MB1. :huh:

U.F.O. :huh:
It's on the telly at 6 pm today on one of the Freeview channels! Cult!! :)

MB1. :huh:
What sort of U.F.O fan do you take me for sir!...... I have the entire collection on 2 box sets!.......Cult tv indeed! :huh:

[quote name='Paul_C' post='76783' date='Oct 19 2007, 11:03 PM']I've got an urge to play a bit of acoustic guitar when I'm not playing bass, so this, while very nice, has to go.

Unless you have a nice acoustic to trade, I'll only be looking to sell this time (unless it's for something easy to sell, like a Ricky 4003)

P.[/quote]

Hi Paul,

I have a few questions re the Kubicki.

1. Is it the 18v version (i.e. 2 batteries)
2. Is it a later "Fender Custom Shop" or the ealier model with the oval logo on the back of the headstock.
3. Does it have an ebony fingerboard?
4. Is it White, or Pearl?
5. Does it have a Kubicki case

Also would it be Ok to come try it? where abouts in the country do you live??

thanks for the info
Andy

[quote name='andy b' post='78397' date='Oct 23 2007, 04:40 PM']Hi Paul,

I have a few questions re the Kubicki.

1. Is it the 18v version (i.e. 2 batteries)
2. Is it a later "Fender Custom Shop" or the ealier model with the oval logo on the back of the headstock.
3. Does it have an ebony fingerboard?
4. Is it White, or Pearl?
5. Does it have a Kubicki case

Also would it be Ok to come try it? where abouts in the country do you live??

thanks for the info
Andy[/quote]

1. 18v Kubicki preamp - 6 positions including off, as opposed to the 5 position version that ended up in the Urge
2. 1989 Fender Custom Shop (Oval logo).
3. Ebony board.
4. White, faded to cream.
5. It has a case, but not a Kubicki one.

It has a few dings, and there are three cracks in the finish - one between neck and neck pickup and two at the neck/body joint.

I'm in Northampton - you're welcome to come and try it.

[quote name='Dr.Dave' post='81466' date='Oct 30 2007, 08:58 PM']1978 Ovation Legend bowl back - tobacco - tatty Ovation case.

That the sort of guitar you're looking for as part of a deal?

I've also an Ashdown mini 48 and a GK 400RB with a scratchy pot I'd let go[/quote]

I'm too fat for a bowl-back, I'm afraid :)

Paul,

I don't really need another bass, but as you said you're looking for a good acoustic, I may be selling my Lowden F25C with Lowden branded Hiscox liteflite case.

More detailed pics can be had here:

[url="http://s177.photobucket.com/albums/w235/2pods/sale/"]http://s177.photobucket.com/albums/w235/2pods/sale/[/url]

[quote name='MacDaddy' post='85142' date='Nov 7 2007, 09:45 PM']what the difference between the Factors and the Ex-Factors?[/quote]

as far as I'm aware, they are one and the same - called Ex Factor, but they have Factor on the body