Why become a member? ×

Gibson SG reissue bass **4 months old**

artisan

i only bought this bass in early september for use in my long standing blues band but due to the ill health of our drummer we have now decided to pack the band in.
my latest project is a funk band playing some Chic,Rose Royce kind of stuff & the Gibson is just not suited to this style of playing so it's time to go.
it is in as new condition as it's never played a gig,just a few practice sessions & home use.
finished in "Heritage Cherry" high gloss,trapezoid position markers,pearloid crown inlay & Gibson logo.
it's a short scale bass with a 30.5 inch scale.
it sounds awesome for blues,jazz,country,classic rock or most styles-just not funk.
condition wise it is as new i.e. mint still with the origional strings fitted (which are fine btw),infact it smells of the nitro cellulose laquer that Gibson painted it in & i'm not kidding here.

EDIT: i was going to sell this & buy an Ibanez BTB but have changed my mind :)
so trade offers are welcome once again.
i'm in no hurry to sell this so i've no need to sell it at a silly price
new price is £700.00 o.n.o.
ok here's some photo's

p.s. i really don't want to post this bass so whatever deal would mean that we'll have to meet up somewhere.

Edited by artisan

[quote name='contrabassie' post='691448' date='Dec 22 2009, 02:03 PM']Interested in a trade for a Guild Dearmond Starfire?

[/quote]

hi mate,thanks for a very good offer indeed,looks a very nice bass but unfortunately i'm in funk/Bernard Edwards mode now. :)
cheers again.

[quote name='Heartbreaker' post='691339' date='Dec 22 2009, 11:43 AM']So how much?[/quote]

damn good question,i'd not really thought of a price more of a trade mmmm,let me think.

i suppose i'd be wanting £700.00 for a straight sale,it's got to be worth that i reckon.

Edited by artisan

[quote name='Nostromo' post='691691' date='Dec 22 2009, 07:53 PM']Hi,

What is the nut width ? . . and could you have a go at describing what the neck profile like on this lovely Gibson ?

Cheers,[/quote]

hi Mate,cheers.
i've just measured the nut at 41mm bang on.
here's Gibson's spec's on it,
[url="http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Bass/Gibson-USA/SG-Standard-Bass/Specs.aspx"]http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-G...Bass/Specs.aspx[/url]
the neck profile is just lovely,from memory it's kind off like a jazz bass profile only very very slightly smaller in all respects-not by much though.
i've just been having a twang & find the neck a very comfortable shape,infact some of my old band's practice sessions were over 3 hours long & i never had any problem with the neck on this.(well appart from hitting the correct notes that is)

btw- thats a very nice collection of basses you have there.

cheers.

Edited by artisan

[quote name='evilLordJuju' post='692887' date='Dec 24 2009, 12:11 PM']Does this come with a case please?[/quote]
From OP: "infact it is in such a new condition that the first thing you notice upon opening the case is the fact that you can still smell the nitro cellulose laquer that Gibson painted it in & i'm not kidding here."

I used to have one of these and it comes with a fur lined fitted case.

Nice, these are, had the super supreme version, not sure it made much difference.
Just on the Chic/Funk thing. I'm nuts into that kinda stuff, can't play it for sh*t, but well I try. You should maybe consider a vintage Aria Pro II SB or RSB series with flatwounds, mighty funk, not slappy, but funky as f%*k. I had an RSB800 with flatwounds, mmmmmmmmmmmm,

The GroovyPlucker

[quote name='The GroovyPlucker' post='695228' date='Dec 28 2009, 11:28 PM']Nice, these are, had the super supreme version, not sure it made much difference.
Just on the Chic/Funk thing. I'm nuts into that kinda stuff, can't play it for sh*t, but well I try. You should maybe consider a vintage Aria Pro II SB or RSB series with flatwounds, mighty funk, not slappy, but funky as f%*k. I had an RSB800 with flatwounds, mmmmmmmmmmmm,

The GroovyPlucker[/quote]

i love those old Aria's, when i was a wee kidy,well about 15,i had what i think was an SB900-i think--twin pickup neck through lovelyness--then like a stupid spotty twat i sold it :)
kids ?
:rolleyes:

[quote name='artisan' post='699348' date='Jan 3 2010, 11:41 AM']thanks for the offer,i must say i'm very tempted but i really need the cash to pay my visa card off after my recent purchase.
cheers[/quote]

Thank god for that, I only have a bass to trade no money to spend.

Great bass - good luck with the sale.