Why become a member? ×

Headphone socket

YouMa

Im thinking of buying a fairly large combo,i would like to practice at night when not rehersing but there is no headphone socket.Does anybody know a way round this so my neighbours dont shoot me when i practice.Could i send to my little zoom B2 unit and then listen to the amp via that on headphones or would the signal blow it up?Cheers.

Edited by YouMa

[quote name='YouMa' post='674940' date='Dec 5 2009, 02:08 PM']No i think you misunderstand the whole point is i want to listen to my amp through headphones but it doesnt have a head phone socket.[/quote]

No you don't! Why would you want to do that? You won't hear the amp's "sound" as it isn't driving proper speakers.

[quote name='YouMa' post='674940' date='Dec 5 2009, 02:08 PM']No i think you misunderstand the whole point is i want to listen to my amp through headphones but it doesnt have a head phone socket.[/quote]

impossible...all you hear is little pops via headphones...do you want to hear the amps real tone

Regardless of whether it would sound any good or not, you definitely do NOT want to connect an amp's speaker out to the Zoom's input. The speaker level signal from the amp will blow the instrument-level input of the Zoom all the way to hell. Don't even try it.

If it's got an effects send it'll likely be at line level rather than instrument level seeing as it's built into the preamp. Should still work of course but you might want to watch the input level on your FX unit, you might need to lower the input level to avoid clipping as floor FX tend to be made for the lower level instrument signal.