Why become a member? ×

Hello! Another swede here!

blackparkas

Hello!

I don´t know how many swedes there are in here but now there´s one more!

I mostly hang out on a Swedish bassforum but there´s always room for another forum! :)

I´ve been playing bass since I was 13, just turned 30, I realize that I´ve been playing for some years now...

Ritght now I don´t have many bands, one who plays covers at the local nightclubs (Lady GAGA, Katy Perry, guns n roses and so on, mixing classics with the songs we hear on the hitlists right now)
I´m also called upon when there´s a need for a bassplayer so I get to gig/play just a little bit less than I want.
Another band would just do it!

Have settled pretty good with my gear.

My main axe is a refinished '65 OW Precision, refinished -81, pretty much original except the paint and one pot.
I also have a '79 Rickenbacker in jetglo, '80 Musicman Stingray, black/maple, A 80´s Greco Thunderbird, '96 Warwick Fortress Masterman 5 and a Fender-mix with a white Aerodyne Jazz-body with black bindings and p-guard and with a 80¨s Jazz Bass Special neck, all black.

Amplifiers I have at the moment is a Sunn 300T, Marshall JCM800 2x15 + JCM800 4x12.
Thats the main rigg that I`ll keep as long as I live.
I also have a Trace Elliot Quatravalve and a 2x12 cabinet built by a guy on the swedish bassforum, his brand is TKS Engineering and he builds really lightweight cabinets with BIG sound and at a low price!
My 2x12 weights 21 kilos and costed me around £340 and it´s really in the same league as many of the Aguilars and other stuff priced the double or more..

I also use some effects, Q-tron, a bassmodded TS9 reissue from the 90¨s, an 80¨s DS9 witch is basmodded next week, the DOD Bifet-pedal and some other stuff...
It´s mostly the Q-tron and TS9 I use.

We´ll se how acitve I have time to be in here, but I´m looking forward to reading what you guys think of bass-stuff, I guess it will not be quite the same as the swedish basists think.... :rolleyes:

Se ya around!

Johan
Sweden

I´ll just answer you all in the sam post if that´s ok and I don´t have the time right now for quoting you all.

TKS webbsite: www.tks.se
It´s all in swedish though but you can at least look at the pictures... :)
I have a 212 with orange vinyl, there is a picture of a similar, possibly the sama cab that I bought.
His 1x12 is really awesome.
I tested my Sunn with 2 of his 1x12 and it played REALLY loud and with good enough low end to satisfy the most of us.

JimBOB: Yes, there is a swedish bassforum, www.pratabas.se
There´s about 1700 registered there I think and it´s been up for about 3,5 years I think.
Welcome top pop in.
We had a Bass-weekend in Glanshammar nearby Örebro both this may and may last year and there is going to be one int 2010 as well.
Around 60 bassists in one room with around 30 amps and aprx 200 basses in the same place... Really nice!!
Berbeque, bassdiscussions, workshops, beer for those who want it....

I´m in Bollnäs, Hälsingland by the way, right in the middle of bandy-land... :rolleyes:

SteveO: Maybe you should start an scandinavian thread just for us scandinavians? :lol:

[quote name='blackparkas' post='682612' date='Dec 12 2009, 11:43 PM'][snip...]
SteveO: Maybe you should start an scandinavian thread just for us scandinavians? :)[/quote]

Ahhh, I have to confess that I'm an immigrant to scandanavia. I'm only here for the snow, the trees and the lovely blond ladies :rolleyes:

[quote name='blackparkas' post='682612' date='Dec 12 2009, 11:43 PM'][...].

JimBOB: Yes, there is a swedish bassforum, www.pratabas.se
There´s about 1700 registered there I think and it´s been up for about 3,5 years I think.
Welcome top pop in.
We had a Bass-weekend in Glanshammar nearby Örebro both this may and may last year and there is going to be one int 2010 as well.
Around 60 bassists in one room with around 30 amps and aprx 200 basses in the same place... Really nice!!
Berbeque, bassdiscussions, workshops, beer for those who want it....
[...][/quote]

Thanks - the forum looks good. I'll have a closer look at it later.

• 3 years later...

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1358873942' post='1946385']
You couldn't have welcomed him a little sooner?
Oh, I see, You weren't here yet back then. :)[size=4][/quote][/size]
[size=4]Ha, ha![/size][size=4] :lol: I'm going to blame BandmasterPete, who at least has an excuse because he's new.[/size]
[size=4]Anyhow, a welcome's still a welcome - even if it's four years late![/size]

Edited by discreet