Why become a member? ×

Drum machines

krispn

I should probably just use some drumming software but does anyone use a drum machine for practice? I'd be keen to try out different time signatures etc but like most things there is so much choice!

Any help would be appreciated and recommend software too if you have tried any.

Cheers

Either my Alesis SR16 or an old Yamaha PSR400 keyboard with built-in DM which I can also programme some chords, styles, etc., for backing.
I sometimes also like to mess around with Hammerhead on the PC (good for some hip-hop-hippy-trippy-tecno-notice! :) :rolleyes: )

[quote name='Toasted' post='669220' date='Nov 29 2009, 04:41 PM']Got a computer? Download Groovebox. It's free and excellent.[/quote]

I think you mean "got one of those ghastly Windoze machines" :)

Having said that, as an otherwise Happy Mac user, there does not seem to be anything similar. The only one is iDrum which manages to be both expensive and utterly useless.

[quote name='thepurpleblob' post='669374' date='Nov 29 2009, 07:29 PM']I think you mean "got one of those ghastly Windoze machines" :)

Having said that, as an otherwise Happy Mac user, there does not seem to be anything similar. The only one is iDrum which manages to be both expensive and utterly useless.[/quote]

I wasn't aware that it wasn't mac compatible. That's a bit of a deal breaker - I use it almost every day.