Why become a member? ×

Small but mighty Bass Heads

BassBen

Currently looking for a new bass head to replace my very heavey Peavey firebass.

It must be over 300watt at 8 ohm as it will be powering my Barefaced Compact once I have orderd it.

Found a few already

Markbass Little 11
Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0
gallien krueger MB 500

Are there any others?

Must be around the £600 or under.

Cheers,

Teamp puma 350 is 250watt into my compact and it produces a very big sound at suprisingly high volume levels. I tried out a genze but thought the sound to cold for my taste also tried the GK mb2 much warmer sounding than the Genze and I would have bought one but for the Tecamp coming along at a price I could'nt resist and to date I am very happy with it. Its worth remembering that the compact is very efficient and will produce much higher sound levels for a given number of watts than you would expect. I guess the only way to be sure is to try them.

john

I've finally ummmed and ahhhhed and decided to go the TC RH450 route if that helps any.

Did look at Mark Bass, Phil Jones and Genz Benz but I wanted more 'character' - I'm not what you'd call a clinical player :)

The RH450 also won me over with the 3 presets you can save and recall easily.

My plan is to have an overdriven one then the other 2 can be for pick and finger style when I'm with one band or I can save settings for my fretless and 5 stringer when with my other band - job done :rolleyes: