Why become a member? ×

Black Kubicki Ex-Factor for sale SOLD

3styler

For sale:

My Black Kubicki fro £650. Bought from the Bass Centre in 1998 .........It should be noted that the body is scuffed (please study the photo's), but it plays great. I am based north of London and don't mind travelling a few hours to deal face to face.

I can supply higher resoluton images if you are interested and please get in touch if you would like any information.

Simon

[email protected]

Edited by 3styler

[quote name='robocorpse' post='656487' date='Nov 16 2009, 10:14 PM']Yummmm!, tempted...
What state are the tuners in? I have had bad experiences with them self-destructing in the past.[/quote]

Indeed! I never had any trouble with the bridge or tuning systems in the past (once I had figured out how to change the strings!). I have heard of problems in the past where the teeth on the tuning wheels can be worn off and thus the wheel won't lock anymore - meaning you can never get the bass in tune! However, Philip Kubicki is fantastic to deal with, very helpful and he'll often send replacement parts free if you'll pay the shipping cost!

However, get your freebies in quick because it has been rumored that Phil is planning to retire soon (after all, he has been in the business for ages, he worked for Fender R&D in the 1970's trying to build them a headless bass!).

All that being said, this bass looks to be in awesome condition and if I were in the market for another Kubicki I'd buy it straight away. Looking at the date there, I'm assuimg this is a Fender era Kubicki with the 9V preamp?