Why become a member? ×

Drooltime

Stacker

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='655177' date='Nov 15 2009, 02:02 PM']A bass built as cheap as possible with readily available materials that has become an icon.

Realistic price £35

Likely price £3500

Funny old world.
:)[/quote]

Haha! Spot on! Looks absolutely dreadful to me... :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If anyone cares to view,my wife and kids are on ebay now,thanks for looking. :)

拓Ka was cut by Precision "bass guitar" and the eternal standard of the largest contributors to the history of the instruments that are more brilliant, Fender Jazz Bass. First year I made 61 years here is memorable.

And nuts, which are exchanged Myutoyunitto specific parts at this time. And numerous scratches and engraved so you can see in the image, the product of what beauty means no veteran soldiers (soldier) is filled full of stately. Weighs about 4.2 kilograms. The original is not a hard case is included.

Specifications and terms of conditions and wish to see, please feel free to contact us. We look forward to.

Edited by hillbilly deluxe

It's too bashed up for moi - and I like 'character'.

I had a 68 Jazz that was worse , that one had been vandalised including the timeless words 'your mabels m*nge box' scratched into it with knife. Stickers hanging off that had ripped off paint , burns (not fags - more like a blow lamp) buckle rash like it was done with a chain saw.

I got it for x and sold it 5 months later for x2 and a bit more besides. I hope it's owner is as happy with the deal as I was.

I bought my first Status , an amp head , went to Lanzarote on hol and still had enough change from the profit for a Saag Ghost and a few Cobras.

I'm saying this not to show off but to point out that though this is well bashed , there could be value in it bought now at the right price with the world of vintage guitars being what it is.

[quote]拓Ka was cut by Precision "bass guitar" and the eternal standard of the largest contributors to the history of the instruments that are more brilliant, Fender Jazz Bass. First year I made 61 years here is memorable.

And nuts, which are exchanged Myutoyunitto specific parts at this time. And numerous scratches and engraved so you can see in the image, the product of what beauty means no veteran soldiers (soldier) is filled full of stately. Weighs about 4.2 kilograms. The original is not a hard case is included.

Specifications and terms of conditions and wish to see, please feel free to contact us. We look forward to.[/quote]

I wondered what the hell you were on about for a minute here... I thought, "Has this man lost his mind?!" Then I suddenly realised you'd put the sales blurb from the Japanese site through a translator... :)

I do understand the whole 'I just don't get it' argument about basses that look like this, but I really like the look of a well used bass - the example here is quite [i]beautiful[/i].

What I'd really like to know is just how good an instrument of this age looks and, more importantly, sounds. I've read so much from owners of vintage gear waxing lyrical about the sound of old Fenders; your sound is such a personal thing; I just want to sound more like Geddy Lee with a hint of JJB dirt. Pickups change, pots change, wiring changes and I doubt I would achieve this on a 47 year old bass.

P

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='657625' date='Nov 17 2009, 11:13 PM']I wondered what the hell you were on about for a minute here... I thought, "Has this man lost his mind?!" Then I suddenly realised you'd put the sales blurb from the Japanese site through a translator... :)[/quote]

Lost in translation, eh? Just like [url="http://engrishfunny.com/2009/05/26/that-sounds-like-one-heck-of-a-beatdown/"]this one.[/url] enjoy. or not, as the case may be! :rolleyes:

I love the fact that the condition is decribed as 3 Stars (out of 5).

WTF?

If the stars are awarded for mint-ness then that's a -1 at best. If they're for mojo-fication then that bass must surely be a 5+.

Bizarrely, despite my well-known dislike of relic'ing and excessive mojo, I quite like this [b]AS A BASS [/b]rather than as an investment opportunity. If I'd bought this for a hundred quid (with [i]Antoria [/i]or [i]Commodore [/i]on the headstock) I'd be well pleased, simply because it's gone past the point of being ugly or battered and come out the other side. :)

You wouldn't get that kit on an Antoria.

I do agree on the cost side of things, though. I'd never pay the kind of money these stackers go for and I'd rather wait for John at Bravewood to get his commissions hat on again and build me a distressed one for a fraction of the cost!