Why become a member? ×

Best Bass Shops - Kent/Sussex

spongebob

Has anyone got any ideas of good, well-stocked bass retailers in the Kent/Sussex area?

I can think of Music Bay in Cheriton (nice place, not stocked too well...), and that's about it!

I tend to normally buy online - but I was thinking of buying something a bit new to me, so would like to maybe do it through a decent shop where I can try out, and make sure it's got a decent set-up.

Any ideas??

IIRC there's a couple of decent shops in the Tonbridge/Maidstone area but I've not tried them. I did check out on of their websites though and they seemed to have a few decent basses in stock, both new and used.

Let us know if you find anything good

C

If you're in Kent or Sussex (I assume you're not in Cumbria), isn't it worth spending a tenner or so (15? 20?), on a travel card and paying a visit to the Bass Gallery up in Camden and The Bass Cellar (I think) on Denmark Street - both in zone 2? The staff at Bass Gallery seem a bit aloof at first but warm up if it looks like you're serious (typical Camden attitude), and in the Bass Cellar they're very helpful and friendly (especially unusual in that part of town), although they don't seem to have as much stock. This is all my own experiences by the way, some people might not have anything good to say about either but if you're looking exclusively at basses there's no better places.

[quote name='clauster' post='650960' date='Nov 10 2009, 07:30 PM']In Tonbridge there's the American Guitar Centre - not a huge stock but some very exotic loveliness can often be found there.[/quote]

That's the one I was incompetently referring to above :)

[quote name='Beedster' post='651002' date='Nov 10 2009, 08:21 PM']That's the one I was incompetently referring to above :)[/quote]
..also known as bass world

If you're heading to Herne Bay, music bay ( the original one- Cheriton is the second branch!) is just around the corner from mac's shop.

They don't tend to have vast amounts of bass stock, but what they do have is normally pretty reasonable.