Why become a member? ×

Steely Dan

Mickeyboro

[quote name='Pete Academy' post='651581' date='Nov 11 2009, 01:26 PM']Come and see us...we're not miserable at all![/quote]

Just when I finally decided to come see the band (having seen you advertised a few times locally over the past few years) I can't find any proposed dates for Nottingham at all - have you given up on us? :)

[quote name='KevB' post='652698' date='Nov 12 2009, 03:05 PM']Just when I finally decided to come see the band (having seen you advertised a few times locally over the past few years) I can't find any proposed dates for Nottingham at all - have you given up on us? :)[/quote]

We're still getting gigs for 2010, so there may be a chance we'll play there. We usually do the Rescue Rooms, but I think we may be looking for something more theatre-y. Any suggestions?

sh*t - I thought I'd try & dig out some more of Larry Carlton's work & just read his autobiography. Had no idea he was a victim of 'random gun violence' right outside his studio a few years back & was shot in the throat, shattering his vocal chords!

Had loads of therapy etc & still playing but that must have been one hell of an experience. . .

[url="http://open.spotify.com/track/5Xy54q39X8IF1qtro0puy2"]THIS[/url] is the best song I've heard all week, not so much for the bass playing, but the sheer power of the chord sequence and the fantastic piano, key change, everything! Going through a big 'Dan phase at the mo :)

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='bilbo230763' post='666020' date='Nov 26 2009, 11:03 AM']Just got a copy of Two Against Nature. Its marvellous. Some top toons on there and lovely 'pockets'. mmmmmmm nice![/quote]

Great choice, Bilbo. How good is the bass part on Gaslighting Abbie. We covered that song a couple of years' ago. It took ages to sink in, and we only played it about half a dozen times.