Why become a member? ×

SB1000 is SOLD

bh2

The SB1000 is the top of the range and they retail for well over a grand new. If you paid £100 for one you got the deal decade!

[quote name='Randy_Marsh' post='646057' date='Nov 5 2009, 10:37 AM']£700?! is that what they go for? i bought my SB1000 the exact same as this but lined fretless for £100![/quote]

[quote name='ped' post='661450' date='Nov 22 2009, 12:57 AM']I saw the bass today, I popped into the Gallery for a browse. Looked pretty nice - no idea about the price though. Good luck

ped[/quote]

Ahh... you're local to me then...? It's going for £700.

• 2 months later...

[quote name='bh2' post='742338' date='Feb 11 2010, 06:09 PM']Is it? Saw a new SB1000 RI fiver going for [b]£1700 [/b]recently!![/quote]

Where was that? Music Ground in Denmark Street? (They're not strictly "reissues" either, there are some differences to the originals & there never was a production 5-string SB)

OK, The Oxford one is advertised at £795 & it's:

1 - A rather nice 1980 Series-1 in Natural Oak (the most common finish). It has all its original knobs & appears to be in very tidy condition. The ash body is quite nice, but it's not what I'd class as having a particularly attractive grain pattern.

2 - Between £200 and £300 overpriced (IMO).

To get me to part with anything like that kind of money I'd be wanting it to be Mint, Factory Stock, Interesting Ash, Padauk Red, with Original [i]Branded[/i] Hard Case, the clear plastic overlay that tells you what all the knobs do [i]and[/i] the dinky little spanner for the locking tuners [i]with[/i] its instruction leaflet.

Even then I reckon it'd be £100 over my top whack. ([b]EDIT![/b] Just noticed that this is a zombie thread! It's been in the shop since the beginning of November - that's a clue right there!)

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Aria-pro-II-super-bass-amp-and-effects-pedal_W0QQitemZ190370865092QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV?hash=item2c52fcdfc4"]I'm watching this[/url] to see where it ends up. That's a Series 1 SB-900 in Walnut, Branded Case, a Trace Commando 12 Combo and a Zoom B2. Be interesting to see where that finishes up. (The SB-900 is the twin humbucker passive version of the SB-1000, it's a fantastic bit of kit!)

I paid about £375 for my SB-900 about 2 1/2 years ago - slightly foxed, Oak, boring grain, re-wired (as per original) & just a gigbag. I considered that a pretty fair deal for an absolute tone monster.

Pete.

Edited by Bloodaxe

[quote name='bh2' post='742555' date='Feb 11 2010, 09:26 PM']Okay Pete... I hear what you're saying.[/quote]

Ah.

2+2= Doh?

I infer that you're the hopeful seller then.

I stand by everything in my post, but wish you the very best of luck! Arias are still very undervalued these days.

Is it a Factory Fretless, or a de-fret?

Pete.

Cheers Pete... yes... I'm the hapless seller. It's a factory fretless... I bought it new from Taphouses in Oxford in 1980, a super bass but it has to go for financial reasons.

I've lost all those bits and pieces you described over the years, I'll drop the price and see what happens next.

Bob.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='bh2' post='742643' date='Feb 11 2010, 11:18 PM']... I bought it new from Taphouses in Oxford in 1980, a super bass but it has to go for financial reasons.[/quote]
Taphouses? That's a blast from the past. I worked in Oxford in 1974/75 and bought a japcrap bass from them, new. Are they still going?

• 3 weeks later...