Why become a member? ×

phil jones briefcase

pal1972

Ive been after a decent quality practice combo for a while, and now after selling off some gear had a bit of 'spare' cash in paypal, anyway, spotted one of these PJB's on ebay for £179 used! Anyway i ve took the plunge!! (worryingly a bit as he didnt put any pics up!) just wondered peoples views/reviews on these?? Its not going to be gigged, used purely as practoce around the house or for low level 'jams' at a mates house!

[quote name='pal1972' post='643920' date='Nov 2 2009, 09:50 PM']Ive been after a decent quality practice combo for a while, and now after selling off some gear had a bit of 'spare' cash in paypal, anyway, spotted one of these PJB's on ebay for £179 used! Anyway i ve took the plunge!! (worryingly a bit as he didnt put any pics up!) just wondered peoples views/reviews on these?? Its not going to be gigged, used purely as practoce around the house or for low level 'jams' at a mates house![/quote]

So you where the one that beat me to it.............you swine sir. :)

For £179 its a bargain.

well it arrived safely tis afternoon, and i have to say i'm pleasantly impressed! There are a couple of very minor scuffs to the bass of the tolex covering, but plugged a bass in and it sounds great! not the loudest amp in the world but it should be well loud enough for a rehersal in the house!! The first time ive bought something without seeing any pics of it but very pleased with the outcome!! and for £175 too!!! :)

Nice catch, especially at that price. I bought the Flightcase model, and love it. Plenty loud enough for rehearsals, and it had a lovely clean sound (unlike my old Trace, which had a tendency of making everything sound the same).

I'll probably upgrade mine to a Suitcase at some point....

[quote name='pal1972' post='646603' date='Nov 5 2009, 07:28 PM']well it arrived safely tis afternoon, and i have to say i'm pleasantly impressed! There are a couple of very minor scuffs to the bass of the tolex covering, but plugged a bass in and it sounds great! not the loudest amp in the world but it should be well loud enough for a rehersal in the house!! The first time ive bought something without seeing any pics of it but very pleased with the outcome!! and for £175 too!!! :)[/quote]

Bargain!
I use mine for practice round the house or whenever the drummer cant make it to rehearsal, very happy with the sound. Also it can be battery powered for when we go busking, I use a dry cell motorbike battery externally as you get longer use than putting a small unit in the battery compartment.
We did a beer festival last year ,and one of the other band's bassist used his on stage through the pa, a bit muddy but ok for such a small amp.

• 11 months later...

[quote name='oldslapper' post='996256' date='Oct 21 2010, 07:08 PM']... The low end, particularly at distance was amazing. ...[/quote]
When I was trying mine out in GAK before buying it, I was sat next to it playing and saying 'It's not really that loud is it?'.

A bloke from the other end of the shop shouted 'Actually, it is very loud!'.