Why become a member? ×

Senior moment

beerdragon

I had a bit of a WTF the other day. i'm not all that keen on red Basses really, don't know why but there it is. i had an email off Photobucket saying i had to pdate my account or lose whatever was on there. so blow me down when i saw this pic. i dont remember buying/ playing or selling that red Pbass. it's like it never existed. i remember the MIM jazz, i sold to a basschatter. and the Marlin on the left i sold in a car boot for about £15, but the red Pbass. nothing. it's no good asking if anyone else has had something similar because i dont beleive it aint likely to happen to anyone else. :)

[url="http://img59.imageshack.us/i/picture011h.jpg/"][/url]
By [url="http://profile.imageshack.us/user/beerdragon"]beerdragon[/url]

Thank the lord for that - thought you were going to tell us you had started wee'ing yourself beerdragon :)

Reminds me of that fabulous Lemmy quote from his biog: “That was a great time, the summer of '71 - I can't remember it, but I'll never forget it!"

[quote name='leschirons' post='642145' date='Oct 31 2009, 08:29 PM']You're not alone mate. I'm at that stage where I call people on the phone and then wait for a clue when they answer as I've forgotten who I've phoned.[/quote]

Hahahaha - I feel your pain - do you find yourself walking into a room and then asking yourself 'wtf did I come in here for?' :)

I think of my Senior Moments as 'Dougal' Moments. As in ...

Father Ted: Ah, Sister Assumpta!
Sister Assumpta: Hello Father!
Father Ted: Dougal, Dougal, do you remember Sister Assumpta?
Father Dougal: Er, no.
Father Ted: She was here last year! And then we stayed with her in the convent, back in Kildare. Do you remember it? Ah, you do! And then you were hit by the car when you went down to the shops for the paper. You must remember all that? And then you won a hundred pounds with your lottery card? Ah, you must remember it, Dougal!
[Dougal shakes his head]
Sister Assumpta: And weren't you accidentally arrested for shoplifting? I remember we had to go down to the police station to get you!... And the police station went on fire? And you had to be rescued by helicopter?
Father Ted: Do you remember? You can't remember any of that? The helicopter! When you fell out of the helicopter! Over the zoo! Do you remember the tigers?
[Dougal shakes his head some more]
Father Ted: You don't remember? You were wearing your blue jumper.
Father Dougal:[i] Ah, Sister Assumpta! [/i]

[quote name='Mrs Tinman' post='642230' date='Oct 31 2009, 11:56 PM']Hahahaha - I feel your pain - do you find yourself walking into a room and then asking yourself 'wtf did I come in here for?' :)[/quote]

Oh yes, Mrs T.

Been there (if I can remember just where it was exactly) Played on Friday night, luckily just 20 minutes away and had to come back to the house as I'd left my bag with all the leads, mic and tuner etc on the grass outside the front gates.

On my 50th birthday, I drove home from work and ended up in the driveway of the house we'd moved from 2 years before.

I imagine I'll end up in some home somewhere staring out of a window trying to figure out why my chair feels wet.

[quote name='Mrs Tinman' post='642230' date='Oct 31 2009, 10:56 PM']Hahahaha - I feel your pain - do you find yourself walking into a room and then asking yourself 'wtf did I come in here for?' :)[/quote]

That's why Stannah stairlifts have got a new turbo charged version, to get you upstairs before you forget what you went up there for.

Going for my coat right now, if I can remember where I left it.

[quote name='leschirons' post='642316' date='Nov 1 2009, 09:02 AM']I imagine I'll end up in some home somewhere staring out of a window trying to figure out why my chair feels wet.[/quote]

I think I already live there! :lol:

[quote name='bigd1' post='642391' date='Nov 1 2009, 10:50 AM']What will be really strange is when you come across this bass, where you left it, in your house ! :rolleyes:

Ta very glad Dale[/quote]

Very good point! Have you actually had a look around your house Beerdragon? :) :lol:

[quote name='gerryc' post='642392' date='Nov 1 2009, 10:51 AM']That's why Stannah stairlifts have got a new turbo charged version, to get you upstairs before you forget what you went up there for.[/quote]

Hahahahaha! :lol:

This could be used to great effect...

Buy another 'P'bass and when confronted with the "What have you bought another bass for", comments....you can smile sweetly and say, "It's not a new one.....I just had the red one refinished, because I didn't like the colour....."

[quote name='arsenic' post='642422' date='Nov 1 2009, 11:42 AM']This could be used to great effect...

Buy another 'P'bass and when confronted with the "What have you bought another bass for", comments....you can smile sweetly and say, "It's not a new one.....I just had the red one refinished, because I didn't like the colour....."[/quote]

Or just say, "Err....I can't remember"

I am having more and more CRAFT moments all the time

[quote name='arsenic' post='642422' date='Nov 1 2009, 11:42 AM']This could be used to great effect...

Buy another 'P'bass and when confronted with the "What have you bought another bass for", comments....you can smile sweetly and say, "It's not a new one.....I just had the red one refinished, because I didn't like the colour....."[/quote]

Dangerous though, because if she's money savvy she'll follow up with "how much did [i]that[/i] cost then?" which'll put you in a whole world of pain if she has a vague idea of respray costs (ie, in the hundreds).

[quote name='Buzz' post='642627' date='Nov 1 2009, 05:06 PM']Dangerous though, because if she's money savvy she'll follow up with "how much did [i]that[/i] cost then?" which'll put you in a whole world of pain if she has a vague idea of respray costs (ie, in the hundreds).[/quote]

I hadn't as much as a vague idea, but I do now!!!! Thanks Buzz, I'll file that away safely for future reference! :)