Why become a member? ×

I was actually only after one new bass, but then this happened...

tredders

[quote name='Deep Thought' post='634249' date='Oct 23 2009, 10:57 AM']Long live the Precision! Some fabulous bits of kit on here-Mark, your two are cracking, especially that '76 black/maple, which is just gorgeous. How is it for weight?[/quote]

I've just stuck the '76 on the scales, and it weighs in at 9lbs, which is slightly lighter than the Jazz and 'Ray. Feels pretty substantial, but much lighter than the old 70's P bass I had.... that was like wearing a tree trunk!

Those two Ps are absolutely gorgeous - I'm getting serious P GAS (after selling a couple of lovely Ps in the past two years!) If anybody has a nice old black P with a tort plate, please don't let me know

The Oly Jazz is a bit lovely too - I'm a bit of a sucker for Oly (or Sonic Blue, or Shell Pink) on a Jazz

Well done, an inspiring collection

[quote name='RyanD123' post='639903' date='Oct 29 2009, 11:45 AM']:) The "62 is possibly the most beautiful bass ever made[/quote]

Have to agree.. There's just a simple perfectness to that combination of stuff..

Probably why there's three sunburst/tort/rosewood P-types in my music wing as I type ....

Edited by OldGit

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='Thunderthumbs' post='660686' date='Nov 21 2009, 12:10 AM']Hey Mark,

Only just seen this thread. Really nice to see you're happy with the 76 (as well as a few other people by the looks of it).

That 62's lovely. How does it sound with flats on? Is it Jamersonesque?[/quote]

Still loving it! They both came back from Peter Allen beautifully setup. Your old 76 is now the nicest bass I've ever played - it just suits me perfectly and plays and sounds fantastic. You can probably tell I'm pleased with it!

The 62 is lovely too, you're right. With the right person playing it, I'm sure it would sound like Jamerson. With me, it sounds like some duffer playing a really nice bass :)

[quote name='Stag' post='664417' date='Nov 24 2009, 10:08 PM']AH!

So you are the b*gger who bought that 76' P on the morning I was going to see it! I hate you.

(only joking, lovely stuff chap.)[/quote]

Sorry mate. Erm, it's a right old dog of a bass, and you're lucky you missed out on wasting your money on it..... Does that make you feel any better? :)

Yes, it does...

...liar! lol :)

seriously though, nice P's indeed sir. Had I bought that '76 I would not have got my lovely new 2009 P which im totally besotted with, so swings and roundabouts as they say...

Edited by Stag

[quote name='tredders' post='634545' date='Oct 23 2009, 02:51 PM']I've just stuck the '76 on the scales, and it weighs in at 9lbs, which is slightly lighter than the Jazz and 'Ray. Feels pretty substantial, but much lighter than the old 70's P bass I had.... that was like wearing a tree trunk![/quote]

That's just about the right weight for me; I'll take it! :)