Why become a member? ×

Moffat Bass Bash

skelf

[quote name='7string' post='634954' date='Oct 23 2009, 11:21 PM']I'd like to come along on the Sunday.

I'll bring:

ACG Recurve singlecut 9 string
Sei Offset Flamboyant 7 string
Conklin GT7, 7 string (fretless)
James Tyler 4 string
Jackson Kip Winger 4 string
Kinderbasje 1 string[/quote]

Looking forward to playing that 9 string again....didnt get much on it last time as I was way to hung over.....but it was awesome, suprisingly easy to play

Arm is well and trully sorted now Shaun...good job as I am your taxi for the weekend Sir.... :)

[quote name='david_l_perry' post='634966' date='Oct 23 2009, 10:33 PM']Looking forward to playing that 9 string again....didnt get much on it last time as I was way to hung over.....but it was awesome, suprisingly easy to play

Arm is well and trully sorted now Shaun...good job as I am your taxi for the weekend Sir.... :)[/quote]

Glad to hear it about the arm Dave. I believe you're now back to assaulting the earlugs of all and sundry. Good man. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I believe Stu has double-booked (gigging) and will be arriving later/poss next day. PM me if there's any problem. Hope I'm not too out of the way.

Just added address details of the B&B to the page.

[url="http://www.heroesrockband.co.uk/moffat-bass-bash.htm"]moffat curry, beer & Lama riding contest[/url] (otherwise known as the Moffatt bass bash...:) )

Shaun, just waiting to hear from Stuart - going to remove his special wobbly parts with my teath if he has booked a gig for this weekend..... :rolleyes:

I will drop you a pm to sort out pickup if he has (plan to set off around 2pm ish)...he's paid upfront though, so would be pretty dumb of him to miss it...

Dave

Don't think you can really say to much in that department. You looked a bit fragile on the Sunday morning.

Still looking for 3 more bodies. This is the best chance to try out high end basses and amps in this part of the world surely there are a few Scottish bass players that would be interested.

Edited by skelf

[quote name='4000' post='639498' date='Oct 28 2009, 09:48 PM']I can see my current inability to drink more than 3 pints without falling over is going to be a real hindrance come Saturday. :)[/quote]
Being a sort of take it or leave it kinda guy I've not had the inclination to have a bevy for about the last 2 months now.
In light of this, 3 pints might have a similar effect on me. See you under the table. :rolleyes:

Updated the web page with times for Sat, but basically:-

Arrive at the B&B on Saturday for 5pm ish or what ever time suits you. We are all booked in under 'the bass guitar event'

Meet up in the bar of the B&B after you have sorted out your rooms, and either stay there for a few drinks (soft or otherwise) or move to another drinking establishment, we can decide on the night, but if its a comfy bar we can stay put :)

The curry has been booked for 9.0pm, and its 2mins down the road from the B&B

Dave

[quote name='silky13' post='639970' date='Oct 29 2009, 12:48 PM']Yeah best would be Saturday, dependant on Missus! :rolleyes:[/quote]

Saturday is the curry and beer bash 5pm onwards :lol:
Sunday is the bass bashything 10am-4.30pm :)

Come down to either or better yet both and stay over at the B&B...we just wont be doing many bass related things on Saturday night....

Dave