Why become a member? ×

Check out the de-fret on this

lemmywinks

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fender-Fretless-Jazz-Bass-Custom_W0QQitemZ130333545925QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV?hash=item1e587c15c5"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fender-Fretless-Jazz...=item1e587c15c5[/url]

There's a prize for guessing what he used to get the frets out. I'm thinking a meat cleaver

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='630138' date='Oct 19 2009, 11:23 AM']"Price drop due to quick sale being needed, please feel free to offer - any offer considered."

Just offered him £175.[/quote]

I was gonna offer him 50 for spares, but there's not much point now. :)

It does have good hardware and pickup upgrades, plus a nice case. I didn't think the price was that high until i saw the fretboard
I always check these types of auctions just in case i see "Made in USA" written on the headstock. Wasn't prepared for this horror story though!

I might offer him £176....

Edited by lemmywinks

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='630138' date='Oct 19 2009, 10:23 AM']"Price drop due to quick sale being needed, please feel free to offer - any offer considered."

Just offered him £175.[/quote]

[quote name='lemmywinks' post='630214' date='Oct 19 2009, 11:44 AM']It does have good hardware and pickup upgrades, plus a nice case. I didn't think the price was that high until i saw the fretboard
I always check these types of auctions just in case i see "Made in USA" written on the headstock. Wasn't prepared for this horror story though!

I might offer him £176....[/quote]

£175 - £176... I think you are being generous! :rolleyes:

If you offered that up for sale on here for that kind of money I reckon you'd get the tumbleweeds rolling through your thread. :)

Interesting point, E-Bay seem to have soften slightly regarding their Pay-Pal only regime after getting hammered in Australia where someone took them to court over unfair trade conditions by forcing people to offer Pay-Pal as an option. As E-bay all but own Pay-Pal this was seen as them basically double dipping.

I am amazed no one has threatened to take them to court over here regarding forcing Pay-Pal on us as their charges have gone up by some 8% in just over two years thanks to double dipping.

I have just sold two basses on their an Overwater and a Lakland and put Cheque only on both sales and they said nothing.

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='630737' date='Oct 19 2009, 08:32 PM']Price aside; he was lucky not to get the listing tugged... "cash only please, pay-pal and ebay rip people off enough already." A definite no-no in eBay's books! :)[/quote]

[quote name='bassatnight' post='630817' date='Oct 19 2009, 09:38 PM']Interesting point, E-Bay seem to have soften slightly regarding their Pay-Pal only regime after getting hammered in Australia where someone took them to court over unfair trade conditions by forcing people to offer Pay-Pal as an option. As E-bay all but own Pay-Pal this was seen as them basically double dipping.

I am amazed no one has threatened to take them to court over here regarding forcing Pay-Pal on us as their charges have gone up by some 8% in just over two years thanks to double dipping.

I have just sold two basses on their an Overwater and a Lakland and put Cheque only on both sales and they said nothing.[/quote]

Not sure they have softened their approach as much as didn't spot it this one! :rolleyes: I also think you'll find that ebay and paypal (and gumtree) are one and the same. re. your point over offering cheque payment as an option; this is perfectly acceptable BUT you can not preclude paypal as an option and to only offer cash on collection is an automatic termination of your listing 'if they spot it'. :)