Why become a member? ×

Shuker Jazz "Jaffa Cake" Bass

thedontcarebear

• 1 month later...

[quote name='TheRev' post='897468' date='Jul 17 2010, 06:12 PM']Did this ever get finished or did it collapse under the weight of its own coolness?[/quote]

Finally got hold of him the other day and he said there was a pickup issue, so he is waiting for a new bridge pickup.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Sweeneythebass' post='909488' date='Jul 29 2010, 05:45 PM']Just a quick one, how long did it take? Deposit to finished article? Put my deposit down in May, Jon says 5 months. I've heard luthiers months are a bit longer than normal months...[/quote]

I was told around the same, but its taken over 9 months, and I don't actually have it just yet.

[quote name='Sweeneythebass' post='909488' date='Jul 29 2010, 05:45 PM']Just a quick one, how long did it take? Deposit to finished article? Put my deposit down in May, Jon says 5 months. I've heard luthiers months are a bit longer than normal months...[/quote]

Yup Luthier months are usually about 60-90 days long. :)
Of course you have to factor in supplier delays too. My Shuker was delayed by 2 months or so waiting for a pickup...

Edited by OldGit

It may be my monitor but crikey, that's bright - gonna look great on stage! I also love the look of the single pole Delano's... really suit it. I bought a Jazz of Jon a few months ago (from stock) and I KNOW you're just going love it when you finally get it.

P

[quote name='Pete1967' post='916988' date='Aug 6 2010, 02:06 PM']single pole Delano's...[/quote]

Chose them because they are what is in my Sandberg, hoping it will sound similar to that with them, but this is passive only, whereas the Sandberg is active or passive.