Why become a member? ×

For those who love StingRays but like thinner necks...

Duarte

• 5 months later...

Just discovered this fact yesterday while looking at something else. It is great news. Wish the option had been around when I bought my first Stingray (took it back to the shop) and again when I ended up buying my Sterling a few years back (because I liked the neck, though preferred the Stingray for tone and body shape).

Thats fantastic news!!

I just wish they'd let you order one where the pole pieces on the pickups and the string spacing matched!!

i just couldn't get on with the two stingrays i had because of that issue! surely it cant be hard for them to modify?

(rant over)

Big +1 for skinny necked Rays!

:)

[quote name='CHRISDABASS' post='782184' date='Mar 21 2010, 10:17 PM']Thats fantastic news!!

I just wish they'd let you order one where the pole pieces on the pickups and the string spacing matched!!

i just couldn't get on with the two stingrays i had because of that issue! surely it cant be hard for them to modify?

(rant over)

Big +1 for skinny necked Rays!

:)[/quote]

+1

why on earth have they never fixed the pup issue with the g string, its so bloody annoying!?

[quote name='josh3184' post='782386' date='Mar 22 2010, 09:32 AM']What? I didn't know bassists were allowed to use anything other than the E string?

:)[/quote]

Shhh..... we don't! We just pretend to use the others.... it keeps the guitard players quiet!

As far as I know, the only way to keep a guitard quiet is to ram the offending article up the player's a***! :)

It goes to show how variable even the Stingray necks are - I think of mine as really thin like a jazz, but I have played some that are profiled like 50's Precisions.

Edited by OutToPlayJazz

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='782768' date='Mar 22 2010, 09:25 PM']As far as I know, the only way to keep a guitard quiet is to ram the offending article up the player's a***! :)

It goes to show how variable even the Stingray necks are - I think of mine as really thin like a jazz, but I have played some that are profiled like 50's Precisions.[/quote]

Yep, I agree. I have two at the moment. ONe is thin and flat and the other is round and more like a precision.