Why become a member? ×

*PLEASE REMOVE FROM LISTING*

4 candles

Howdy all, I have just ordered a custom bass and so my current 3 basses are surplus to requirements to fund my new toy.
first up is a bit of a modified/hybrid fender precision which is quite unusual but never the less still very exciting.

I brought the bass from a fellow musician, the body and neck are made in japan and so I am assuming the electics and pots are also. The seller removed the lettering on the rear of the neck as he was embarrassed that it had made in japan on!!!

I previously had a 62 p bass that I couldn't commit the time to restoring so sold the neck, body and electrics but kept all the hardware and scratchplate. Basically I have decorated this japaneese P bass with vintage parts including the scratchplate, control nobs, bridge etc. I haven't got round to fitting the tuning keys as yet but will include this into the sale.

the bass itself plays fantasticly, great neck and setup but passive basses are not really my cup of tea. In terms of use this has been played at home mainly with me venturing out on one occasion in a live situation. The drummer commented that "it looked like a Tomato"

Looking for £700 or any sensible offers, Im located in Birmingham and you are welcome to drop in for some coffee and to try it out as long as you teach me some "hot licks" in exchange.

as I mentioned before I have some other beauties up for grabs so watch this space!!!

Warmest regards

Mark

[attachment=33278:60__s_spares_001.jpg]
[attachment=33277:60__s_spares_002.jpg]
[attachment=33279:60__s_spares.jpg]
[attachment=33280:60__s_spares_003.jpg]
[attachment=33281:60__s_spares_006.jpg]
[attachment=33282:60__s_spares_007.jpg]

Edited by 4 candles

[quote name='acidbass' post='606166' date='Sep 22 2009, 10:04 PM']Beautiful bass - if those parts are genuine vintage '62, it's a real steal!

Best of luck with the sale!

Danny[/quote]

This would go very nicely alongside that stunning jazz you have on your picture!! Every jazz bass needs an older brother

thanks for your comment

[quote name='4 candles' post='605919' date='Sep 22 2009, 06:22 PM']The drummer commented that "it looked like a tomato"[/quote]

Absolute class, ive got one of these (although with standard japenese hardware) and it does look like a tomato, cool though!!! great colour on a p bass, and much cheaper than the pino model, shame there wasnt a nice vintage pickup in there too!! great bass BUMP!!!!
lee