Why become a member? ×

Dave Peacock retires

Mickeyboro

A message from Chas Hodges regarding the Chas & Dave show at the 100 Club on October 9th:

"Sadly Dave's beloved wife Sue passed away in July this year after over 30 years of blissful marriage. Understandably Dave has taken his loss very badly and he hasn't the heart to continue gigging and with regret he has decided to retire from the music business.

"But with his support, I shall be taking over the 100 Club show which will contain all the Chas & Dave hits & more.

"Here's to my friend's future health & happiness. In the meantime, come down & enjoy a great show on October 9th!

I was watching a DVD of [i]Best Of Old Grey Whistle Test [/i]last night. It was the second Best Of they released.

It opened with a band I didn't remember at all, [b][u]Heads Hands & Feet[/u][/b], doing a cracking Southern Rock, Allman Brothers type song called [i]Warming Up The Band[/i].

About two minutes in I thought to myself, "Hang on - that bass player is Chas out of Chas & Dave! Nah, can't be."

Just looked 'em up.

Yup - he was.

:)

Incidentally, if any of us were foolish enough to think that Chas was just that guy who played pub piano on Gertcha (just like me, then), then his website makes an eye-popping revelation of who he is and what he's done.

[url="http://www.chashodges.com/index.html"]http://www.chashodges.com/index.html[/url]