Why become a member? ×

White SG Bass

allighatt0r

[quote name='allighatt0r' post='604993' date='Sep 21 2009, 09:21 PM']I've just got the strangest craving for a white SG bass (with a black pickguard, obviously).

What manufacturers make them? Am i letting my GAS imagination run away with itself? Would i have to get an epiphone refinished?

Is this all just some crazy dream!?[/quote]
There were some white versions of the Gibson SG Reissue bass a couple of years back - may have been a limited edition however (there were also coral pink and seafoam-y green ones too) as I've seen only a couple and none advertsied recently

Edited by Clarky

get the bucket ready [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-Gibson-re-issue-SG-Bass-EB3-style-satin-coral_W0QQitemZ370151549781QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV?hash=item562ec06b55&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-Gibson-re-issue-...id=p3286.c0.m14[/url]

[quote name='Tait' post='605041' date='Sep 21 2009, 10:43 PM']now i'm looking at SGs, even though i think theyre fugly!

however -

oh yes! best looking SG i've ever seen!

EDIT: crap that pictures MASSIVE! any help resizing it without havig to save it to my pc?[/quote]
That's the 'TV' model I think - just about the cheapest one they ever made (in the US of course). I'd have one :)

[quote name='henry norton' post='605591' date='Sep 22 2009, 02:07 PM']That's the 'TV' model I think - just about the cheapest one they ever made (in the US of course). I'd have one :)[/quote]

It looks like the SG equivalent of a Les Paul Junior.
If it's anything like my LP Junior it'll be fantastic.

[quote name='budget bassist' post='605196' date='Sep 22 2009, 12:27 AM']i'd like an SGZ, they're gorgeous, stupidly rare though. only pic i could find on google:

[/quote]

might as well just get an ESP viper bass. SoW

maybe a bit more metal then you were looking for but i like it anyway.

Edited by EdwardHimself

[quote name='Clarky' post='605032' date='Sep 21 2009, 09:39 PM']get the bucket ready [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-Gibson-re-issue-SG-Bass-EB3-style-satin-coral_W0QQitemZ370151549781QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV?hash=item562ec06b55&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-Gibson-re-issue-...id=p3286.c0.m14[/url][/quote]

even better, it's satin! That's the closest looking finish to sick i think i've seen on a guitar. And i normally love satin finishes.

Edited by EdwardHimself

[quote name='alexharvay' post='605600' date='Sep 22 2009, 03:14 PM']It looks like the SG equivalent of a Les Paul Junior.
If it's anything like my LP Junior it'll be fantastic.[/quote]
Yeah I think the TV was basically a Junior but without the cherry finish, (too reflective for TV studios or something like that, hence the name).

SG, LP, LPSG, I'm not too fussy, I'd have either, preferably all....

[quote name='henry norton' post='605612' date='Sep 22 2009, 02:22 PM']Yeah I think the TV was basically a Junior but without the cherry finish, (too reflective for TV studios or something like that, hence the name).[/quote]

Wicked, I'll try and remeber that. I really like the colour.

[quote name='henry norton' post='605612' date='Sep 22 2009, 02:22 PM']Yeah I think the TV was basically a Junior but without the cherry finish, (too reflective for TV studios or something like that, hence the name).

SG, LP, LPSG, I'm not too fussy, I'd have either, preferably all....[/quote]

I heard it was that the bright finish would show up better on black and white tv sets.