Why become a member? ×

South Wales Bass Bash Sun 29th Nov. Cardiff

OldGit

so long as i don't find out i have a tournament or something nearer the time, I'd be more than happy to come. Since there are no spectors on the list, i'll bring my rebop. will be sending messages pleading for lifts from bristol, so I shan't bring my rig (superfly head w/ warwick neo 1x12) unless someone really wants me to.

[quote name='Zach' post='624177' date='Oct 12 2009, 05:16 PM']so long as i don't find out i have a tournament or something nearer the time, I'd be more than happy to come. Since there are no spectors on the list, i'll bring my rebop. will be sending messages pleading for lifts from bristol, so I shan't bring my rig (superfly head w/ warwick neo 1x12) unless someone really wants me to.[/quote]
Tournament? Is it still the Jousting season in November? I thought that ended in August.....

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to Alun for letting me know about this event.....nice talking with you the other day.

I'm looking forward to coming along to this.....should be great fun and a wonderful chance to network.

For what its worth, I could bring some of my basses along although not all....don't have enough room in the car.

If someone is interested to have a go on any of the following then let me know......

Status Empathy 5 (headed)
Modulus Flea Custom 5 (5A flame top)
Lakland 55-94 Classic
KSD 705 proto-j
Fender RB5 (Roscoe Beck 5)
Musicman Stingray 30th Anniverary fretless (super rare!) with flats

Cheers!

[quote name='Duckyincarnate' post='633386' date='Oct 22 2009, 01:10 PM']Ah, shame I can't make this one! I will be in Manchester that day but back in the evening for gig in Revolution, Castle Street in Cardiff centre at around 22.30. (Anyone would like to give an Ergo EUB a tickle is welcome to then and there.)

Have a good one! :)[/quote]

Ah shame. Well, have a good gig anyway ....

Is this you? :rolleyes:

[quote name='Duckyincarnate' post='633566' date='Oct 22 2009, 04:43 PM']That shirt is BRILLIANT! :)[/quote]

Here you go
[url="http://www.zazzle.co.uk/duck_duck_bass_tshirt-235060273708555840"]http://www.zazzle.co.uk/duck_duck_bass_tsh...060273708555840[/url]

I think it's a shirt for murdering wildlife in ...

There's hats too
[url="http://hats.cafepress.co.uk/item/duck-duck-bass-trucker-hat/111786853#"]http://hats.cafepress.co.uk/item/duck-duck...-hat/111786853#[/url]

[quote name='beerdragon' post='633564' date='Oct 22 2009, 04:42 PM']Looks like i'm coming. i'm coming down through Mid Wales, Leominster, Hereford, Monmouth. that way, if anyone wants a lift i have room for one. depending on what gear there is of course. :)[/quote]

Wow! That's a looooong journey! The Newcastle one might be closer :rolleyes:

Thanks for making the effort!

Bummer !

I'm out of the country that day with work.

Could have brought Nash 58 P-Bass, Jazz bass with Status fretless P-bass neck, Jap Maple Unlined Fretless P-bass, Jap Fender P-Bass with Dark Stars and block inlays, Lakland 55-02 with unlined fretless maple fingerboard, Sadowsky Metro 24 with VTC - oh and a Schroeder 15L cab/Genz-Benz Neo-Pack 350.

Would like to have a mini-Welsh bass bash in the new year to beat the gloom......??

Put me on the maybe pile, I can bring some gear too if you want. I have :-

1972 Gibson Grabber
Jap non-export 60s Reissue Jazz with Shed pickups a badass and a terrible home relic effort.
Peavey T-40 (Peavey's first effort of mass production bass, Two phat old humbuckers, ash body with maple neck, coil tap, heavey weight but interesting, the neck was made on a machine designed for making Rifle butts :))
Fender mongrel P-bass (US body with mex neck, custom powder blue finish, Delano pickup, straight through wireing)
may have an Aria Pro II SB II Elite by then too.

Ampeg SVT Classic
Ampeg SVT 8x10 E
Sans-amp programmable BDDI

I like to show off, I know its nothing particularly special but I do love my basses.

[quote name='cocco' post='634079' date='Oct 23 2009, 12:51 AM']Put me on the maybe pile, I can bring some gear too if you want. I have :-

1972 Gibson Grabber
Jap non-export 60s Reissue Jazz with Shed pickups a badass and a terrible home relic effort.
Peavey T-40 (Peavey's first effort of mass production bass, Two phat old humbuckers, ash body with maple neck, coil tap, heavey weight but interesting, the neck was made on a machine designed for making Rifle butts :))
Fender mongrel P-bass (US body with mex neck, custom powder blue finish, Delano pickup, straight through wireing)
may have an Aria Pro II SB II Elite by then too.

Ampeg SVT Classic
Ampeg SVT 8x10 E
Sans-amp programmable BDDI

I like to show off, I know its nothing particularly special but I do love my basses.[/quote]

Def need to see the " Grabber " oh and the T40 oh and if that Arias the white one then thats gotta be there ! SVT and 8x10 you say ???

in fact get a van and bring it all !!

Yum

Gary
v8

[quote name='dmz' post='634059' date='Oct 23 2009, 12:24 AM']Bummer !

I'm out of the country that day with work.

Could have brought Nash 58 P-Bass, Jazz bass with Status fretless P-bass neck, Jap Maple Unlined Fretless P-bass, Jap Fender P-Bass with Dark Stars and block inlays, Lakland 55-02 with unlined fretless maple fingerboard, Sadowsky Metro 24 with VTC - oh and a Schroeder 15L cab/Genz-Benz Neo-Pack 350.

Would like to have a mini-Welsh bass bash in the new year to beat the gloom......??[/quote]

Oh you tease!

Mini bash in the new year sounds good. I may have recovered from this one by then :)

[quote name='v8bass' post='634097' date='Oct 23 2009, 01:21 AM']Def need to see the " Grabber " oh and the T40 oh and if that Arias the white one then thats gotta be there ! SVT and 8x10 you say ???

in fact get a van and bring it all !!

Yum

Gary
v8[/quote]

Note to self: buy box of earplugs ......
:)

There isn't one on the list yet, so I'll bring along my nice new G-B Shuttle 6.0 (now added to list :))
I won't bother bringing cabs as it looks like there will be plenty there already*. Will definitely bring my cans though..!
Not sure I'll be doing much playing, as it's only going to be 3 weeks after my carpal tunnel operation.

* Unless anyone desperately wants to see/hear a pair of Nemesis 1x15s..?

[quote name='Rich' post='634328' date='Oct 23 2009, 12:12 PM']There isn't one on the list yet, so I'll bring along my nice new G-B Shuttle 6.0 (now added to list :))
I won't bother bringing cabs as it looks like there will be plenty there already*. Will definitely bring my cans though..!
Not sure I'll be doing much playing, as it's only going to be 3 weeks after my carpal tunnel operation.

* Unless anyone desperately wants to see/hear a pair of Nemesis 1x15s..?[/quote]

Carpel tunnel op?
Sorry to hear that, Rich.
Take your Arnica 6c homeopathic for a few weeks beforehand to speed recovery ....

Meanwhile I'd like to hear the Shuttle 6 and the Barefaced cabs in action, specially with your Shukerooo