Why become a member? ×

Checking "Wanted" before posting "For Sale" ?

largo

What do you know...

It's a fairly old post now but I posted a wanted notice for an Aphex Punch Factory pedal a couple of months back.
Then, 2 came up for sale here in the last week (a bit like buses) and I missed both. Would it be an idea that fellow users check the "Wanted" section on the BC forum before posting a For Sale notice?

Just a thought?

Okay, I just searched the "Items Wanted" thread for the terms punch + factory and couldn't find a thread started by you. Are you sure that it's there?

Edit: or are you talking about your post in "For Sale: Effects" where you offer your Zoom B2 in exchange for one?

S.P.

Edited by Stylon Pilson

Sorry, but if your looking to buy something, you need to check the sales forum regularly.

Correct me if im wrong, but the wanted forum is more for making owners think about selling their stuff, rather than a place to look once they have decided to sell, unless of course they are struggling to get a sale.

It is amazing how frequently people post wanted stuff at the same time as others list the same item for sale. Quite often though an eagle eyed Bass Chatter will post a link in one thread to the other.

It does stand to reason though that if sellers did a token sweep they may get a quicker sale. That said sometimes peoples needs change & I don't reckon the wanted threads get updated that often

[quote name='largo' post='589411' date='Sep 4 2009, 09:32 AM']What do you know...

It's a fairly old post now but I posted a wanted notice for an Aphex Punch Factory pedal a couple of months back.
Then, 2 came up for sale here in the last week (a bit like buses) and I missed both. Would it be an idea that fellow users check the "Wanted" section on the BC forum before posting a For Sale notice?

Just a thought?[/quote]
I was the seller of one of those Punch Factories this week. I did search the whole site for 'punch factory' as well as the For Sale and Wanted forums. I found no thread from you.

I have now been able to spot the thread to which I guess you are referring but it is over four months old. It doesn't show up on a search of the Wanted forum, only on a whole site search but even then way down the list.

Edited by EssentialTension

Pretty much every time I've contacted someone who placed an ad in 'Items Wanted' they've either no longer wanted it, didn't have any money and wanted to trade for something completely useless to me, or didn't want to pay what I was asking. I certainly wouln'd look before I listed anything for sale, they want something they should keep and eye on the right forum :)

[quote name='largo' post='589411' date='Sep 4 2009, 09:32 AM']What do you know...

Just a thought?[/quote]

its tough

i just keep browsing the for sales each day for that elusive jazz

Perhaps we should introduce a thread "tag" system that is popular on many other forums. Even if it's just in the classifieds you'll get a list of related thread, which have the same tags, at the bottom of your thread. So lets say I post a FS thread for a Fender Jazz MIM, I will get a list of related threads at the bottom of mine for other Fender Jazz FS posts and threads by people who want Fender Jazzes. You don't even have to put the tags in yourself, you can get it automatically done based on the thread title or whatever.

Like this:

Edited by thedonutman