Why become a member? ×

fender jaguar black(withdrawn)

munkonthehill

[quote name='munkonthehill' post='587722' date='Sep 2 2009, 05:29 PM']what does "owt" stand for? also what does "WHY" stand for in this forum???? kinda off topic but hey ho[/quote]

owt is slang for anything.

why means why

also, pinned in the welcome section is a thread on forum abbreviations, if you have any more difficulties you can check that.

Edited by Tait

• 2 months later...

+1 to Andy67 ... we need at least some idea of what it is you're after. Not much point offering you a heavy 5-string if what you want is an Ashbory. :rolleyes:

More info on the Jag would be good, e.g. some current photos and a link to the exact same model on someone's web-site. And the WEIGHT!

Took a look at the specs on SoundsLive and discovered that the "unique features" of this bass are:
[list]
[*]Block position markers
[*]Active/passive pre-amp system
[*]Slim Neck Profile
[/list]

Thanks. For. That.

:)

yip your more than right in what your saying dude.

well im after a 4 string bass, must be active, slim neck, weight of bass is not important as im a big fella.

type of pickups would ideally be high output, I like to shape my sound from twang to thump so bass boost and treble boost is a must however not too fussed on mids.

my bass is in near perfect condition, really only 1 or 2 marks on it.....

infact i may have just talked myself into keeping this bass.

main reason i may like to keep this now is that, in passive mode it has a good low end sound when both pickups are activated and in parallel mode, so when i use my bootsy collins fuzz wah in certain songs all i do is put it into active mode where the treble boost is already at a desired level and so is bass boost, i then just turn off the neck pickup and i have my perfect tone for the fuzz.

so in easy to follow terms, all i have to do is hit 2 switches rather than to try resetting levels mid set........ ok sorry for rant but unless you have the shizzy of basses then i may just keep this,,,,,lol

[quote name='munkonthehill' post='669636' date='Nov 29 2009, 11:38 PM']infact i may have just talked myself into keeping this bass.

main reason i may like to keep this now is that, in passive mode it has a good low end sound when both pickups are activated and in parallel mode, so when i use my bootsy collins fuzz wah in certain songs all i do is put it into active mode where the treble boost is already at a desired level and so is bass boost, i then just turn off the neck pickup and i have my perfect tone for the fuzz.

so in easy to follow terms, all i have to do is hit 2 switches rather than to try resetting levels mid set........ ok sorry for rant but unless you have the shizzy of basses then i may just keep this,,,,,lol[/quote]

It doesn't seem that long ago that you were singing it's praises in other threads. It looks good in the photos & suits you. I was surprised when I saw it on offer. You may come to regret losing it. Just my 2 cents

[quote name='BurritoBass' post='669665' date='Nov 30 2009, 12:18 AM']It doesn't seem that long ago that you were singing it's praises in other threads. It looks good in the photos & suits you. I was surprised when I saw it on offer. You may come to regret losing it. Just my 2 cents[/quote]

yip, your right, i think its just the kid in me wanting a new toy. the neck is slim, the sound is perfect and it looks like sex.

my god what was i thinking

item is now withdrawn

thanks to everyones comments on this thread, Burritobass and And67 you guys rock. thanks