Why become a member? ×

Hello from me and the ladies

Daquifsta

Hello fellow bass-ers,
Just thought I'd say hello - been reading this forum for a couple of weeks now, and I have to say it's a pretty classy place :)
I'm very much a beginner, skill level wise, but I've managed to worm my way into a local covers/ originals band, and have played a couple of gigs locally. (something to do with being best mates with the guitarist, and being their sound guy and roadie for the last two years). I already have GAS, but it's only in the early stages :lol:

My ladies:
[attachment=31345:Laydeez.JPG]

From left to right (or red to black if you prefer!)

Shine SB25 - My first bass, bought mostly on a whim, as I'd been kind of bumbling along with our guitar player at work using his Aria ZZB during lunchbreaks, and liked the idea of the strings all being the same distance apart (musically) instead of the stupid guitar changing halfway! Not much to say: five string, 24 fret, active and perfectly nice. Allegedly, the Shine factory also produce instruments for the likes of Epiphone and Peavey and a few other 'names'.

Miss Whiplash - My absolute pride and joy. I built this myself from the Saga P- style DIY kit. The colour is Imola orange pearl, and is more usually seen adorning Honda NSX supercars. I modified the headstock shape slightly and hand cut the logo from black sticky back plastic, Blue Peter style :lol: . I found a company on t'internet to cut out the lady with the whip for me. I chucked out the wiring loom and PUP's supplied with the kit, and fitted Kent Armstrong (can't remember the exact model right now).

Bits 'O' Jazz
This started life as a £50 Ebay find, made by Wesley. Naturally, I had to repeat my 'signature' headstock. Then I attacked the body with a router to sink in two battery boxes to run the EMG's at 18 volts, and found the 'orange marble' scratchplate from a German Ebay seller. My original plan was to re- paint the body white with an subtle orange pearl over the top, so it looked like an angelic twin for the P. But I kind of got to like it as it was :rolleyes: Now wearing some DR Highbeams as of this afternoon - liking them a lot.

My plan at this point was to use the Jazzalike as my main bass for gigs, taking the P along as backup. In this way, it would probably never come out of it's case and would stay safe from harm for ever. But then I started thinking nasty what if questions, and so we arrive at Betty the Backup Bass.

Adam Black Apollo
Another £50 Ebay jobbie, which actually sounds really good to my learner ears.

So that's the guitars, my rig (when my other cab turns up) will be a Hartke LH1000 and a pair of Peavey 210 TVX's, with Bassic bits cabling, and a Laney RB3 at home for practice.

Wow, I've been writing this for ages - but I must just show you these aswell. Part of my day job is 3D Computer Aided Design, so naturally I wondered if I could design a guitar, totally in my lunchbreaks, k? (just in case my boss ever sees this!)

Anyway, this is the imaginatively titled design 'number 1'

[[attachment=31347:Number1_01_small.jpg]
[attachment=31349:Number1_04_small.jpg]
[attachment=31348:Number1_05_small.jpg]

[quote name='Daquifsta' post='577011' date='Aug 21 2009, 05:59 PM']Part of my day job is 3D Computer Aided Design, so naturally I wondered if I could design a guitar, totally in my lunchbreaks, k? (just in case my boss ever sees this!)[/quote]
Welcome aboard Daquifsta, what 3d modelling package are you currently using? 3D Studio? Google Sketch up? Rhino?