Why become a member? ×

Where can I hear a BFM cab?

Mottlefeeder

[quote name='ste_m3' post='223921' date='Jun 22 2008, 01:13 AM']10.5 in blackpool area :huh: hit me up![/quote]

I'm clearly not 'down with the kids'...are you saying you have built one Ste...or would like to try one...I must be getting old I don't understand a word of it.... :)

I know you wanted one.....

Dave

edit...just read your gear tag.......that was quick pal.....how do you find the single 10.5 sounds on its own ?

• 3 weeks later...

I have just finished my Omni10 (2x Deltalite2510, 500 Watts, 4 Ohms). I'm moving house and my baby is due in the next month, but I suspect from the end of September onwards people will be welcome to pop round to give it a try. I'm at:

[url="http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=CM2+8EU&ie=UTF8&ll=51.714333,0.491488&spn=0.006368,0.013304&t=h&z=16&iwloc=addr"]Great Baddow, Chelmsford, Essex[/url]

[quote name='david_l_perry' post='227501' date='Jun 26 2008, 04:47 PM']I'm clearly not 'down with the kids'...are you saying you have built one Ste...or would like to try one...I must be getting old I don't understand a word of it.... :)

I know you wanted one.....

Dave

edit...just read your gear tag.......that was quick pal.....how do you find the single 10.5 sounds on its own ?[/quote]

Sorry Dave, Just got round to noticing this!

Its actually surprisingly ballsy! Ample for small gigs i think.

I was expecting it to struggle delivering different tones for some reason, but its got quite a range. And i understand what people mean with regards to the sound being the same whereever you are in the room - Good stuff!

[quote name='kennyrodg' post='240579' date='Jul 16 2008, 08:33 AM']Hi David I Perry,
i have the plans for the omni15 "tallboy" is yours that cab per chance ?
thanks in advance :)[/quote]

Indeed it is, if you fancy checking it out let me know and come on round sometime as you are very close...
Drop me a pm, I pick up my emails daily (if I don't answer it means I am on my hols for a week - but back in August)

Dave

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

In the process of building two DR280's for our band's PA system. Should be ready for gigs from start of Feb 2011. Check out our website to see where we're playing if you want to hear them.

www.crudemeasure.co.uk

Probs wise to PM me before travelling tho as we only use them if venue doesn't provide PA (99% of our venues don't provide to be fair).

Failing that PM me if you want to pop round sometime and try them with a bass. I'm in Bicester, Oxfordshire (J9/10 M40) and happy to help out fellow bassists.

• 2 months later...

[quote name='david_l_perry' post='177632' date='Apr 16 2008, 08:47 AM']I have an Omni15 bass cab that anybody is welcome to try out.
Its loaded with a 15" bass driver, 8" mid range driver and a melded array of HF piezo's.
I am based near Preston in the North West

Dave[/quote]

This one is currently residing at my practice space in Bristol. If you use RS, hit me up if you wanna go with it.

• 2 months later...

Just to confirm our band now gigs with 2x DR280's and I'm in process of building 2x Titan 39's to replace our existing subs. Also building 2 x Omni Top 15's for use in smaller venues when we don't need subs etc.

Well worth a listen as they're sounding great.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

If anybody gets near Dundee any time soon, keep an eye out for a club night at a place called the Reading Rooms, called "Bass Orgy". A friend of mine and some of his buds built a full, massive PA system consisting only of BFM designs, and it kicks ass! I played live drum & bass through it with a drummer and keyboard player, all of us using Ableton and looping live, and the sound was incredible. Amazingly hi-fi for such a big PA.

• 2 months later...

[quote name='TG Flatline' timestamp='1325601471' post='1484916']
Jack 15 (2515 driver, no tweets) in Sheffield, just outside the centre. Only just picked it up (I haven't the time or tools to do it myself!) and giving it a running in, but by the weekend it will be in our rehearsal room and people are welcome to have a crack if they want.
[/quote]

How much did it set you back Tom?

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I have an XF212, can be seen in this messy shot.

[attachment=134817:SAM_0432.JPG]

Was built for guitar - theory being that it disperses mids.highs better than a 4x12, less directional. I also hoped that I could use it for a stereo cabinet.

Thoughts on it - for clean sounds and house volumes, really excellent. I could literally hear things I hadn't previously, subtle differences between different tubes and the like. Great stereo effect at low volumes.

Rehearsal levels (very loud) It sounds a bit thin - as you might expect due to hearing the mids/highs better. Dispersion is superb,.. but,.. for a very loud metal trio in even a fairly big rehearsal room, loads of spill into the vocal mic and I had to go back to 4x12s. You could say that it did what it was supposed to, just too well.

Hoping to give it a blast as part of a bi amped bass rig. Will let you know what it is like in that mode.

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='waldflote8' timestamp='1368557206' post='2078572']
Hoping to give it a blast as part of a bi amped bass rig. Will let you know what it is like in that mode.
[/quote]

Trust me, that aint no cab for bass purposes. A great guitar cab (ive built dozens of them) but it's totally guitar only.

• 10 months later...

Will be gigging a pair of simplex 1x12s from next weekend onwards. Dates are here www.crudemeasure.co.uk
Anyone who wants to drop by my place with their amp and have a play on the cabs is welcome to. I'm in Northants nr Towcester / Silverstone. I make decent tea :-)

• 1 year later...