Why become a member? ×

Daves Basses. New Lakland pics added.

dave_bass5

I didnt notice this section before so the pics are a bit out of date now but thought i might as well air them.

This was the line up around the end of last year. Sadly now both Laklands have gone, although a DJ5 will be here soon.

This is my old HW-One with the Duck Dunn. The HW-one has my HW1 JAzz neck on it and this spurred me on to get the Duck Dunn.

Edited by dave_bass5

• 2 months later...

Thought i should update this now its all changed at home.
Some of you will have seen it already but for those who haven't, this is my new Lakland DJPJ5(!).

Nordstrand NP5 in the front and it looks like ill be putting a Nordstrand NJ5FS in the bridge position, once i can afford it.

For now the GAS really has gone.

Edited by dave_bass5

Cheers Guys.

I must be in a minority but i cant see any need for more than one bass. Saying that, as i travel with my drummer and use public transport just having the one bass is handy. A small flat with two kids in it doesn't help either.

The Fender P5 was great and i loved the tone but the neck on the Lakland is just soooooo nice i felt it worthwhile getting it as i knew i could change the pups if i missed the P tone. Had never considered a PJ but i can tell im going to like this set up a lot once its all sorted out.

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='638061' date='Oct 27 2009, 03:52 PM']I must be in a minority but i cant see any need for more than one bass.[/quote]
For those of us who aren't pro's, I am sure you are absolutely right Dave. Doesn't stop me wanting to spend a disproportionate amount of my income on the pretty things in the (BassChat) shop though! :)

BTW, the stealth look is great, especially with contrasting blocks on the neck (although I do wonder if it would look even better with a tort guard?) The PJ configuration is certainly a smart move as it avoids the need for two basses.

I'm down to two basses, and I'm comfortable with that, I just don't feel happy gigging with no spare on a stand behind me. The irony is, I've never [i]once[/i] needed a spare bass, but amps have let me down on a number of occasions and I don't have a spare one of those.

[quote name='Rayman' post='638112' date='Oct 27 2009, 04:21 PM']I'm down to two basses, and I'm comfortable with that, I just don't feel happy gigging with no spare on a stand behind me. The irony is, I've never [i]once[/i] needed a spare bass, but amps have let me down on a number of occasions and I don't have a spare one of those.[/quote]

Yeah, a back up is sensible and ive also only ever had a amp pack up at a gig (touch wood).
I think if i drove and had a bit more money i think i would see things differently and would maybe use more than one bass. I would like to get my HW1 jazz de fretted at some point and use that on some songs. Now that would be interesting.

[quote name='Bigwan' post='639707' date='Oct 29 2009, 08:25 AM']Your 55-01 now hangs on my wall - patiently awaiting the Nordy DC5s I promised her![/quote]

Cool, i wondered who had her.
I never did like the Barts in it, although i was too lazy to change them.

Edited by dave_bass5