Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Fender American Vintage ‘57 Precision

WILD FROG SHOT

I've been getting a little bit wet over P-Basses recently after never really being that interested in them up to this point.

I have had a bit of a look around and have decided that I really like the look of the Fender American Vintage ‘57 Precision; it looks like it's going to have some good punch to it.

Does anyone have one? If so, do you have any sound clips? I think I saw one recently in Bristol reverb, so might take a trip down there tomorrow to put one through its paces.

Cheers

Kieran

Edited by WILD FROG SHOT

• 3 weeks later...

OK so now I've had it for a couple of weeks, and am pretty sure that (for the moment) she is THE ONE. Tone-wise, it is exactly what I was after and it fits in (and cuts through) really well in a full band situation. Her first outing at a gig is tomorrow; she looks like this (stock photo):

[center][/center]

The only issue is that she was shipped with the chrome bridge and pickup covers unmounted. I was wondering if there was a particular "best way" to fit them as it would appear that I have to drill new holes into the body to do so? Also, am I going to have to remove the bridge cover every time I change the strings?

Also, I absolutely love the White Blonde colour (the ash grain looks lovely underneath). I'm still not so sure on the anodised gold plate. What other colours would look good?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Babbers!

Kieran

[quote name='WILD FROG SHOT' post='581503' date='Aug 26 2009, 03:37 PM']The only issue is that she was shipped with the chrome bridge and pickup covers unmounted. I was wondering if there was a particular "best way" to fit them as it would appear that I have to drill new holes into the body to do so? Also, am I going to have to remove the bridge cover every time I change the strings?[/quote]

Double sided sticky!

You'll have to drill out the holes IMO... just use the smallest sized bit you can get away with, yes... you'll have to remove the bridge cover to change the strings... If you change them often it'll be a pain.

The anodized guard looks perfect with the maple board... tort looks nicer with a dark wood board I reckon... you've a beauty there and no mistake skip!

Aged creamy pearl would look cool - like on my 'vintage white' reissue mustang or if that's too pimp how about parchment?

The double sided slightly padded stuff from Halfords for sticking back on bits of flapping trim on bangers might be good if you're a scaredy-cat about drilling your new bass.

I'd just drill it though. Done it to all my precisions and my jazz its not difficult - the holes for the pickup cover & tug bar are already marked out for you on the pickguard.