Why become a member? ×

2002 Stingray 3 eq - Black/Maple

lateralus462

I'm selling my Musicman Stingray 3EQ - I got it from Molan on here around Christmas time but as much as I love the sound, I'm struggling to get on with it and end up playing my other basses more.

This bass is in seriously good condition, with only a couple of minor marks and some very slight buckle rash on the back (but nothing that really even gets through the laquer) The neck is absolutely perfect.

It has been modified slightly with the addition of a Hipshot D-Tuner and also the installation of a coil tap - this gives you 2 extremely usable sounds at ther flick of a switch - one is obviously the Stingray as god intended it and the other is more, well like a single coil 3 band Stingray I guess!!

I'm not really after trades any more on this a - so it'll be cash only - £700.00

It's probably worth noting I haven't got the original MM case for this, but it comes with a slightly battered but fully serviceable Hiscox Liteflite hard case.

I've used Barrie's (Molan's) pics, cos the camera I have at the moment is rubbish (hope he doesn't mind) - but the bass is in pretty much exactly the same condition as when I bought it.

Edited by lateralus462

[quote name='lateralus462' post='551934' date='Jul 26 2009, 05:38 PM'][/quote]

I recognise those feet :)

I have to admit I was really surprised by this MM. I'd never been a huge fan but this one really seemed very nice indeed.

Can't beat a black Ray with a maple board. . .

[quote name='molan' post='552823' date='Jul 27 2009, 04:28 PM']I recognise those feet :)

I have to admit I was really surprised by this MM. I'd never been a huge fan but this one really seemed very nice indeed.

Can't beat a black Ray with a maple board. . .[/quote]

Thanks Barrie

It is a really nice bass - played with a pick it sounds phenomenal (actually it sounds fantastic played fingerstyle and slapped as well)

[quote name='WILD FROG SHOT' post='556150' date='Jul 30 2009, 01:44 PM']I know this isn't really helping the sale, but I have one pretty much exactly the same as this (except with black headstock) and the neck is an absolute joy! As lateralus has already stated, it sounds amazing regardless of playing style. Someone buy it!!!![/quote]

Have sent a PM, but nothing back yet :)

• 2 months later...

[quote name='Etienne' post='627232' date='Oct 15 2009, 07:07 PM']How about a trade for my very cool (and pretty rare) Fender MIJ Jerry Donahue Telecaster?
[attachment=34518:DSC00287.JPG]
Let me know what you think!

Etienne :)[/quote]

If it was black I might be tempted - not a fan of sunburst on Tele's to be honest!! Cool guitar though.

Thanks

Chris

[quote name='lateralus462' post='627394' date='Oct 15 2009, 10:09 PM']If it was black I might be tempted - not a fan of sunburst on Tele's to be honest!! Cool guitar though.

Thanks

Chris[/quote]

No probs Chris- it was worth a shot! good luck with the sale... :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...